Phono Stage - Whest (UK)

CD/DAC/Pre - Meridian (UK)

Active speakers - Meridian UK)

Turntable - Michell (UK)

Arm - SME (UK)

Cartridge - Ortofon (Denmark)

Electronics - Cyrus (UK)

Speakers - Spendor (UK)

Not at all, speakers from Scotland, amplifiers from Yorkshire. I’m in Essex. 

However, had lots of Rega gear, which is local b cause the factory’s in Southend, Essex.

Super Wammer

Is there a prize? Is it for the most locally manufactured or the most locally badged? With components like speaker drivers, capacitors, etc being sourced from around the world I suspect by “made” you might really mean “assembled”).

I have two mainly Arcam systems which are (or perhaps were) superficially UK made but eg the CD players use Sony drive mechanism.

ProAc and Celef speakers made in UK but with at least Danish tweeters. Probably not UK mahogany veneer on the D30R’s either!

British Rega deck, Japanese Dynavector cart.

Michell deck, Origin Live arm, German? Ortofon cart.

US interconnects, UK speaker cables

UK racks

The vintage all-Pioneer system is superficially all Japanese of course, though Prologue 100 floorstanders were made in France.

If I win, I am available for photo shoots at reasonable rates.

Super Wammer
7 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Is there a prize?

Yes. 

And you've won it Nigel. 

You get the honour of buying the 1st 3 rounds for all the boys at Kegworth 😁

Super Wammer
Yes. 
And you've won it Nigel. 
You get the honour of buying the 1st 3 rounds for all the boys at Kegworth

This will be my pleasure. I may need a quiet word about a loan, just between me and you. It’s the least you can do.
  • Haha 1

Super Wammer

... Used to enjoy solar-powered bussing down road to Chew Magna to buy stuff, but ...

On 12/1/2017 at 16:44, General Factotum said:

There have been a few threads lately about UK companies going bust/being taken over or just generally struggling in the current mobile devices world. Just out of interest I thought I'd take a look at my kit and see how much of it is locally made (UK in my case). If country of origin is ever a factor when I buy something I go for UK/EU/elsewhere, in that order. I'll only look at my main setup or this may get out of hand!

TT1-Tonearm:     UK                                           Phono Stages 1&2:      UK                                        Dac:                      UK          

Cart1:                   EU(Denmark)                         Pre Amp:                        UK                                        CD Transport:     UK

TT2:                      EU(Austria)                            Power Amps:                UK

Cart2:                   EU(Denmark)                         Speakers:                      UK 

It rather surprises me to see how UK centric my setup is as there was no real intention to do that. I suppose EU manufactured items (including UK for now) are always going to have a price advantage because of duties and transport costs, which may well stop dealers even stocking some manufacturers lines. No doubt a US or Japanese etc. member will have a setup skewed to their local products.

Whilst writing this post I've come to realise that as the UK audio industry declines, and EU products are going to become 'foreign', our purchasing options are going to become even more limited. Hey ho. :(

How native or imported is your setup? (Main system only I guess, for simplicity) 

Systemdek IV  - Scotland 

Mission 774 - England

Deccas - England (Now London still made in the UK) 

Audio Research SP9 - America

Hafler DH200 - Made in America assembled in the UK

Meridian CD player - in the bin following laser failure so Marantz now made in Japan 

Cambridge Dac Magic - designed in UK but  bet it is made in China

Tibo DAB radio - China?

HB Burnit Pro CD recorder -- who knows - some where made from Pioneer with altered innards 

Art Impressions - the star of the show made in Scotland