dudywoxer

Moon Neo Ace/AT MM's

Admin

If I was thinking of less boxes this one interests me a lot .

Plato-Specification-Website.pdf

4 hours ago, dudywoxer said:

Well that worked, not. Did not have It made the moon amp side like it had gone to sleep

that also was my experience with the 600i, dozy. at least you found out with no money wasted so all good.

Super Mod

I've done this box reducing and if I hadn't had just got a new amp I would have loved to have tried the Onkyo TX-8270 and got rid of a couple more .

Not suggesting Colin should drop down that far but I find it a very interesting box .

As a side note I remember my first Scalford and making Colin's (Mr Rega :P) room my priority , all those silver boxes wow and a P9 , he asked me to mind his room and I told him to take as long as he liked , pig in shit for an hour was I xD 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

I was a bit pissed off to be honest, all the reviews I have seen praise the hell out of it. Had I decided to buy one blind I would have solved my getting to sleep problem, half a side of vinyl would have done it. When we got back I Sat in the office listening to a dirt cheap Yamaha while catching up with e-mails and phone calls, thinking I prefer the Yam's presentation to the Moon. Now sat with the main system listening to some Van Morrison, thinking the elicit has much more in common with The Trlogy Vti (e34l valve) than it has with the moon. Maybe that is why I found it preferable, sort of comfort zone thing. 

The bit that struck me was my wife's reaction, she maintains she can not hear differences beyond good and bad. She had gone with me in case I needed driving home, and was actually stood looking at the snow falling beyond the dem room window, when the Moon was switched on, turned to say something, saw my face and realised she didn't need to, but did anyway, As in that is just bland and boring after the other one.

Super Wammer

having just got back from Hull, re arranged the rack, all I can say as it warms itself into life, is thank you very much Rega, a good sounding CD player than plays with my streamer, and a solid state amp with grunt that can more live with the voicing of a quad of E34l's. I think I may be in for a happy weekend getting this lot mixed and merged together. Pig in poo pops to mind. (just the new toy syndrome to get through now)

• Like 1

Super Wammer
58 minutes ago, dudywoxer said:

having just got back from Hull, re arranged the rack, all I can say as it warms itself into life, is thank you very much Rega, a good sounding CD player than plays with my streamer, and a solid state amp with grunt that can more live with the voicing of a quad of E34l's. I think I may be in for a happy weekend getting this lot mixed and merged together. Pig in poo pops to mind. (just the new toy syndrome to get through now)

Interesting end to this.

I have been considering the Neo Ace which would have dumped my long standing love affair with my Pathos Logos and moving on my Naim ND5Xs and Phono stage thus a major box count reduction.  Everything I'd read suggested it would suit me but I don't have a dealer within a 100 miles and had more or less given up for now and leaving to a demo in Edinburgh in the New Year.  This surprised me, as you say it gets good reviews and it's junior brother the 240i integrated was also of interest as I could have gone back to my Sonos Connect using the 240i's DAC.

Box count reduction was a primary consideration. I sit here clutching a decent cup of coffee in the cosy warmth looking at the snow outside Mark Knopfler's The Ragpickers Dream sounding great thinking 'why should I bother'.  It's probably just a new toy I want and looking at that Rega's reviews you may just set me off in another direction :D

Super Wammer

sorry Les,  Its a fair way down here, but you would be welcome. 

Super Wammer
6 minutes ago, dudywoxer said:

sorry Les,  Its a fair way down here, but you would be welcome. 

Thanks Colin, my favourite dealer (Simon at HiFiSound/2ndhandhifi Stockton) is a Rega dealer so I might just have a pop over early next week and have a listen to the Elicit-R as he also does PMC which would be handy. In any event he's always more than happy to let you have stuff for home demo.  

Super Wammer

P1020876.thumb.JPG.a282062ce1bc597c1fbf1d5ed93bfc50.JPGi heard mine through some pmc's at the audio room, must admit it's nice to be sat listening to them through my spendors. My main intention was reducing box count, but some things matter more than the odd box or two. 

i have at least lost a DAC and tuner, and the elicit takes up a lot less height than the trilogy. It seems that I am lost cause when it comes to Rega gear😂.. may have to adjust the speaker placement a little. And of course spend a stack of cash on colour coded cables.

sorry for the out of focus shot, crap with cameras

Edited by dudywoxer