bohemian

PrimaLuna Owners Club

I have had PrimaLuna amps for some years - never a problem with them, and 'rolled' a few tubes too!

My Prologue 3 preamp was replaced today :shock: with the Dialogue Premium Preamp :D.

Even at first listenings it is fantastic. Beautiful sound, great clarity, wonderful bass, spacially excellent.  More of everything I had with the Prologue 3.

Still using the Prologue 7 monoblocs with 6550s into the Tannoy Stirling SEs.  Listening tonight is pure joy.

Happiness.

• Like 1

Wow great bohemian..

Which all pre amps were in contention when you went for the primaluna pre amp. Thanks

I had not auditioned anything specific, but had been generally thinking of a potential upgrade.  The ex-dem Dialogue Premium came up at a great price and I asked about it.  Listened to one at Oxford, and decided it would upgrade and preserve the sound synergy with the Prologue 7s.  Buying it was then a simple decision.  Isold on the Prologue 3 and used the cash in part payment.

Just how much of an upgrade was a real surprise to me.  I am now keeping my eyes peeled for a Dialogue Premium Poweramp (or 2) at a good price.

Thanks bohemian for sharing :)

Iam contemplating between an used arc LS26 and a new dialogue premium pre amp. I can audition the primaluna, but will have to buy the arc blind. Plan is to drive a Krell KSA 100 mk2 power amp with either of these. 

This will be my 2nd system , purely for vocals and acoustic instruments. Speakers are still not decided. Split between the harbeth's P3ESR and falcon L3/5a. 

Super Wammer
On 07/10/2018 at 20:19, gryphon said:

Would you guys recommend a DIALOGUE PREMIUM HP to be a good match with Graham Audio LS 5/9 ?

I see you didn’t get a reply here.  What I can say is to check out the spec and reviews carefully, because the high output impedance means the frequency response will ‘track’ your speaker’s impedance curve. The results will therefore be quite different from a typical solid state amp.  

If you like the changes you will think it’s a great attribute of valves, but it’s really more like tweaking tone controls. 

2 hours ago, gryphon said:

Would it be a good idea to match a Primaluna pre with a Quad Artera Stereo amp ?

I really don't know, I'm afraid. I don't know the Quad.  

I am upgrading to P/L Dialogue Premium Powers with a good trade-in on my 7s.  Also picked up a Townshend Fractal f1 rca i/c at a great price new, too.

Dialogue Premium Poweramps installed today.  Sound lovely already. Running EL34s in triode mode.  Will experiment with ultralinear mode later.

These amplifiers continue to amaze!  

I also discovered today that Primaluna have a ........ service department!  I have never heard of a primaluna amp needing service as such.

One of my powers stabilizes at 30 seconds, the other, newer s/n, at 60 seconds.  So, I enquired of Herman Van Den Dungen, the owner of P/L, and he confirmed that he changed from 30 to 60 second delay at some point, not for any specific reason other than longer delay seemed preferable!

He got his service department to contact me and they are sending me the software chip and instructions for my amp, - and "sorry for the inconvenience"!

16 hours ago, bohemian said:

These amplifiers continue to amaze!  

I also discovered today that Primaluna have a ........ service department!  I have never heard of a primaluna amp needing service as such.

One of my powers stabilizes at 30 seconds, the other, newer s/n, at 60 seconds.  So, I enquired of Herman Van Den Dungen, the owner of P/L, and he confirmed that he changed from 30 to 60 second delay at some point, not for any specific reason other than longer delay seemed preferable!

He got his service department to contact me and they are sending me the software chip and instructions for my amp, - and "sorry for the inconvenience"!

I'm glad they have a service dept as my Dialogue Premium HP power amp should hopefully be winging it's way to them as I write.

I'm hoping for an easy/cheap fix and sent it back under the impression it was still under warranty, it's not 😥

7 minutes ago, mikeyb said:

I'm glad they have a service dept as my Dialogue Premium HP power amp should hopefully be winging it's way to them as I write.

I'm hoping for an easy/cheap fix and sent it back under the impression it was still under warranty, it's not 😥

Oh my goodness! What is the matter with it? 

Kevin Deal, the USA distributor of P/L.  He's quite passionate about it, isn't he? Did you see his vid on the Dialogue Premium Powers?

Edited by bohemian