Sign in to follow this  
JCL

You Guys are going to love this !

Gino wrote:

boxer wrote:
^ Jimmy Hughes DID once recommend aligning the slots on the screrws on power plugs...

This was in fact an old Peter Belt one as well, But all the slots must be vertical.

One dreads to think what catastrophe might occur if one commits the heinous audiosin of having horizontally aligned or non-aligned slots:doh::geek::gag:.

^ `Specially if, as Gino says, he nicked the idea from Pete Belt, who is beyond barking!

Davewhityetagain wrote:

boxer wrote:
^ Jimmy Hughes DID once recommend aligning the slots on the screrws on power plugs...

but he talks bollocks does nyone even read his crap today ? IMO

I have to admit that it was a system tuning article by Jimmy Hughes explaining how he used his Impulse horns directed away from the listening position and at the wall in front of the listening seat that got me interested in 'Corner Reflector' speakers.

But all the Belt stuff - well, yeah, that was right out there. I did try a lot of it (never let it be said I don't keep an open mind) and it was that experience that made me sit back and take stock. As in 'What the hell are you thinking?' And that was the start of my return to a more rational, objectivist approach to audio.

Blimey, on thinking about it, I owe Jimmy quite a bit...

Gnostic wrote:

I have 12 Titanium screws.

Unfortunately they are currently holding me together.

When I kick the bucket one of you is welcome to come round and unscrew me.

Are they the right size & type?:D

Oh bother it seems on reflection that 14 are required. Thanks for the offer tho' ;)

Matt J wrote:

JCL wrote:
Injector wrote:
If I could find an exact match for my original screws then I'd give it a try but I'm not bodging any old screw in there! It isn't just the length anddiameter you have to get right - difficult anyway- you also have to get thecorrect sizedhead and taper too.

That's what amazed me. He just goes an puts a countersunk woodscrew in the place of a socket head and basically says that'll work just fine. :lol:

Classic stuff.

whats even scarier is this guy dismantles guns in his other spare time! :shock:

"yeah its ok, go ahead and shoot, the plastic barrel I screwed on with brass wood screws will hold no worries"

Note he said "high end" guns.

By the amount of nose back handing he does i would say he was on marching powder .

I searched B&Q and Focus today, but couldn't find any. I think I'll paint the tips of my old fashioned steel screws to a nice brass colour. That should be worth 25% improvement?

earlofsodbury wrote:

I hear the words "Virtual Dynamics" and I reach for my Ctrl+W...

Saves getting tooth-marks in my keyboard...

They also push these:

Basic_Resonator.jpg

Company mission statement: "Never give a sucker an even break..."

Ah ...... no wonder they sound so familiar.

Well i thought some of Jimmy hughes,s Tweeks were plain daft. Then along comes this.:DI wonder if the screw heads have to all be facing the right way up. SORRY HAD,NT READ THE ABOVE.:nerd: