horace

Turntable isolation question

Super Wammer
41 minutes ago, Tarzan said:

If you definitely cannot wall mount, then may l suggest an Audiofile Base platform, this really worked well under my Gyro.:geek:

+1. I use these throughout my main system though bought 10+ years ago and they seem to have doubled in price since then... Smart, unobtrusive and effective.

http://www.analogueseduction.net/audiophile-base/audiophile-base-base-vibration-control-platform.html

Edited by TheFlash

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 17:29, TheFlash said:

+1. I use these throughout my main system though bought 10+ years ago and they seem to have doubled in price since then... Smart, unobtrusive and effective.

http://www.analogueseduction.net/audiophile-base/audiophile-base-base-vibration-control-platform.html

:^ Don't know why they work but they just do.

Edited by Tarzan
Hurried reply.

Those Audiofile Bases look interesting. 

But wow, that's a lot of dosh for a flat thing with four squidgy things glued to the corners.

Edit: OK, it's a bit more sophisticated than that...

Edited by horace

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, horace said:

Those Audiofile Bases look interesting. 

But wow, that's a lot of dosh for a flat thing with four squidgy things glued to the corners.

Edit: OK, it's a bit more sophisticated than that...

Cue people suggesting chopping boards and squash balls cut in half... which, given the style evident in your photo, might not exactly fit the bill. You're right, I was paying around £100-120 a pop 15 years ago which and even that felt like a lot of money. They're light, not much to them by the gram, but extremely well finished. The legs by the way are not what does the magic, it's the bracing which is visible if you can find a picture of the bottom of one. Apparently. Quite possibly snake oil as I've not subjected mine to exhaustive double-blind listening tests...

Audiophile not Audiofile.

Super Wammer

8 hours ago, Spider said:

Or get a lump of granite and put it on top to sit TT on, I've done this and I think it works quite well.

A granite slab works for me.  I combine that with aftermarket feet.  The Isonoe Feet are in effect mini trampolines.  It might be a poor man's suspended deck but they work a treat.

Super Wammer
35 minutes ago, Andrei said:

A granite slab works for me.  I combine that with aftermarket feet.  The Isonoe Feet are in effect mini trampolines.  It might be a poor man's suspended deck but they work a treat.

Not suitable for an Orbe, works great with a non-bouncy deck like your Technics though

Super Wammer

May/all other months of year all suitably have best-situated true-analogue etc players.

A million years ago Linn for my 5 or so of theirs recommended Ikea (then £50 only inported after 6 months) hollow-grey thingie.

image.thumb.jpeg.da6b0868f8925f4c52911f64c5fc4c01.jpeg

My grey hollow Ikea thingie sits under a few cassete-decks-coupla DVD players-FM tuner now, and suspended LP12 is on spiked metal-glass stand on stone/concrete floor.