Ian

Roger Waters Us & Them 2018 UK tix for sale tomorow (Fri 6th Oct)

Recommended Posts

I wouldnt mind watching that, if Im off work, can be bothered driving to it, staying over night, get a mate (or 2 if I can find/get hold of any) interested in going aswell I might go for it. 

Plus getting a ticket for anything big like that these days is just a faff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 tickets already bought, really looking forward to this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator

See my thread in the Car Park. Managed to get decent advance tickets for the Manchester performance. Looks like it ought to be a good 'in. The Wall was spectacular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator

I believe he is doing Hyde Park . I'm going to the Liverpool show , saw The Wall twice at Manchester , IMO its a slightly better arena . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will have to continue to dream. I'm just not paying a ton to drive to 60 miles (and back) to be surrounded by people taking videos on their phones ! I'm sure StubHub sleep well too, Ebay seems to link to this most charitable site. I know I should be pissed off about more important things, but £100 gigs and then organisations that buy tix and sell them for even  more can just xxxx off. I suppose we get what we deserve, where there's a buyer there's a seller.

Gosh I'm grumpy today !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ian said:

I will have to continue to dream. I'm just not paying a ton to drive to 60 miles (and back) to be surrounded by people taking videos on their phones ! I'm sure StubHub sleep well too, Ebay seems to link to this most charitable site. I know I should be pissed off about more important things, but £100 gigs and then organisations that buy tix and sell them for even  more can just xxxx off. I suppose we get what we deserve, where there's a buyer there's a seller.

Gosh I'm grumpy today !

Yeah, not cheap to watch a more well known artist these days. 60 miles not even that far, but I see your point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator

I agree that in general, prices for major artists have become close to madness. That said, taking everything into account, £100 doesn't seem insane to me. No. It's not cheap, but then neither is anything. Us grumpy old gits sometimes have to wake up to the fact that petrol is no longer two and six a gallon and that the actual cost of things is an awful lot higher than we sometimes like to think.

The profiteering by third-part resellers is another thing altogether, and something that really needs to be properly investgated. When tickets are released at 9:00 on  Friday for £100 or thereabouts, but on the Thursday night people are offering them for £200 plus, something is very, very wrong.

Frankly, I'm not averse to paying £100 plus all the associated costs to go and see someone in a really good setting.

Edited by rabski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rabski said:

When tickets are released at 9:00 on  Friday for £100 or thereabouts, but on the Thursday night people are offering them for £200 plus, something is very, very wrong.

+1

That is one bad thing about the popularity of ebay, it gives these people a chance to do it :( but people must be buying at these more than face value  prices otherwise it wouldnt keep happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
12 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

+1

That is one bad thing about the popularity of ebay, it gives these people a chance to do it :( but people must be buying at these more than face value  prices otherwise it wouldnt keep happening. 

Not eBay, but some of the third-party sites.

At least one claims they only resell tickets on the basis that people offer them because they cannot attend. I have no issue with that. However, as that is their stated basis for business, does it not seem just a mite odd that a day before tickets are officially released, apparently over 800 people now cannot attend and are offering their tickets for resale.

It's a massive piss take. I have no issue with anyone making a profit from anything. That's business. However, the current situation results in 'real' people usually being unable to buy sensible tickets, because they've gone before they're available. It's beyond a joke now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
4 minutes ago, rabski said:

It's a massive piss take. I have no issue with anyone making a profit from anything. That's business. However, the current situation results in 'real' people usually being unable to buy sensible tickets, because they've gone before they're available. It's beyond a joke now.

Reading Michael Palin's diaries 1969 - 1979. Strikes, 3 day week, Arab Oil Crisis, Petrol Coupons & Palin complaining how touts were making a killing, charging 5 - 10 quid on their Monty Python, Drury Lane appearance tickets.

That was 1974.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
1 hour ago, barneys dad said:

Reading Michael Palin's diaries 1969 - 1979. Strikes, 3 day week, Arab Oil Crisis, Petrol Coupons & Palin complaining how touts were making a killing, charging 5 - 10 quid on their Monty Python, Drury Lane appearance tickets.

That was 1974.

Average UK wage in 1974 was £3200 and now is £24K p.a.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rabski said:

Frankly, I'm not averse to paying £100 plus all the associated costs to go and see someone in a really good setting.

And fair play of course Richard. I think I'm just getting a bit lazy, if a band isn't on in Nottingham (half an hour on a bus away) or the Leeds Brudnell, the best venue in the land with great beer and people and I can stay over with (and see !) my daughter, I can't be arsed. I think half the attraction is not driving to the gig and visiting fine pubs. Many fine pubs.

So Mr. Waters, Rock City or the Brudie or you'll have to get by without my money pal !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
4 minutes ago, Ian said:

And fair play of course Richard. I think I'm just getting a bit lazy, if a band isn't on in Nottingham (half an hour on a bus away) or the Leeds Brudnell, the best venue in the land with great beer and people and I can stay over with (and see !) my daughter, I can't be arsed. I think half the attraction is not driving to the gig and visiting fine pubs. Many fine pubs.

So Mr. Waters, Rock City or the Brudie or you'll have to get by without my money pal !

Well, in that regard I'm lucky. My bestest and oldest pal lives a few miles from Manchester and his son (my Godson) lives in the town. Any Manc gig therefore does involve me getting from here to Chester/Manchester and back, but also includes an overnight stay somewhere, more beer than I can manage, transport to and from the gig and a full English the next morning.

No longer living in Norf Lundin, gigs are not as accessible as they were in my youth. That's the penalty you pay. However, Albert Hall is a train journey, and not an unpleasant one. Brum I can drive to easily and Manchester I have sorted.

Anything worthwhile is worth some effort?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

Just a thought - might be more interesting going abroad to see him

In case you haven't noticed I've just come back from Prague (cheap- quality beer)

O2 Prague  27th April

2hr flight - reasonable price - accommodation very reasonable - take in some culture free

Beer Capital of the world - whats not to like !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.