eddie-baby

Nice to haves, Tannoy Westminsters

No interest in buying myself but would very much like to hear, and with his CD player. Anybody near (or far) to me with a set please can I come round for a coffee :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/tannoy-westminster-speaker-pair-/272871318487?hash=item3f8865e3d7:g:C2wAAOSw3atZ0l~f

Edited by eddie-baby

Super Wammer

just need the space ......! you need a fair old bit for them . jim r had a lovely pair of them once and they sounded great 

Nice finish as well, I dont think Ive ever seen a set in that light wood, I really like it.

Super Wammer

Simons work is always exceptional, he is a true craftsman.

Super Wammer

I think they were one of the first pairs that Simon made. The crafstmanship is of a level I can't even comprehend. These might have been the pair at Scalford a few years back, but either way, Simon did more than just copy the original design, and went way beyond that. If they are the real deal, they will be of outstanding quality. Some chack of the provenance might be in order, but if kosher, they are as good as Tannoys ever get.

1 hour ago, ESK said:

Seems a stupidly low price for something of that quality.

They haven't finished yet, I imagine they'll sell for a fair bit more. 

Super Wammer

If they're proper (could presumably be checked with Simon), that's a batshit crazy price. As EB says though, over a week to go. I would be not the least surprised to see well over twice that at the end. And frankly, probably worth it too.

1 hour ago, rabski said:

If they're proper (could presumably be checked with Simon), that's a batshit crazy price. As EB says though, over a week to go. I would be not the least surprised to see well over twice that at the end. And frankly, probably worth it too.

I find it hard to think they are anything less than kosher. To go to that level of detail I'm fairly sure that your money would be safe if you bid on them. They're an absolutely stunning pair of speakers! Hopefully, a friendly Wammer is waiting to put a sneaky bid in and we can then have a little day trip to their's and enjoy their new speaks, I'll even bring some cake for the occasion  :D

Super Wammer
On 04/10/2017 at 22:22, eddie-baby said:

I find it hard to think they are anything less than kosher. To go to that level of detail I'm fairly sure that your money would be safe if you bid on them. They're an absolutely stunning pair of speakers! Hopefully, a friendly Wammer is waiting to put a sneaky bid in and we can then have a little day trip to their's and enjoy their new speaks, I'll even bring some cake for the occasion  :D

Someone here buys them, I'll bring more than cake for the chance of a listen!

They certainly look right to me. I have no reason whatsoever to suspect they are anything but what they claim to be, but it's a lot of money and it's eBay, so caution is always the watchword.

Super Mod
On 03/10/2017 at 22:02, rabski said:

These might have been the pair at Scalford a few years back,

Wow ! They were fabulous and a fair size to say the least.

I think it's safe to say these are proper speakers :) gorgeous things. If you've got the space! 

£3400 they went for. Somebody got a really good deal. What it anyone on here who will be holding a bakeoff soon?

£3400 they went for. Somebody got a really good deal. What it anyone on here who will be holding a bakeoff soon?
Yip, I thought they'd go a lot higher, but I suppose with them being clones and a tricky collection that no doubt hurt the final price.

Super Wammer

Insanely cheap.

Seriously. Insanely.

That's going to pain the seller massively I would suspect.

Someone just scored a massive bargain there.