Mister R

System enhancement

Recommended Posts

Hello all.

It's been a while since I've posted as generally I like my set up. That said, I think my system lacks some detail with some tracks as know the set up has some very good electronics so I am looking for some guidance. What would you recommend to upgrade? I stream all music these days and use Deezer Premium plus hard drive for my ripped cd collection using FLAC through db poweramp software.

System is:- 
Sonos Connect->Zyxel NAS->DAC-XP/PSX-R->Mono X200 Signatures-> Arcam AVR380->Furman Elite 16 Linear Power Conditioner-> Dynaudio Contour S1.4-> Dynaudio Sub300-> Dali Motif rears-> Chord epic/Nordost Shiva/Black Rhodium power cables-> Grado Labs SR325e-> Chord Mojo(the best piece of hifi kit I have bought to date!)


Thanks for your help!

Iain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

Personal view if streaming .. stop worrying and just try and enjoy what you have :) you can spend a fortune and make it sound different but unfortunately being digital it may never sound right :) (just my personal view but I am sure others may have a different one) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
11 hours ago, Mister R said:

Uzzy yes I hear you and not wanting to go nuts here but just feel the Dynaudios could get more out of the system. Thinking streamer demos plus DAC demo maybe a Chord Hugo 2. I haven't tried the mojo in it yet as only use with headphones. Any idea how to connect this in via DAC-XP to try it?

cheers!

iain

Just use the rca inputs on the dac-xp with a jack to rca convertor chord cord.  I think there is a dac output level setting on the mojo to get the right output level. 

Edited by Fourlegs
sp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
Just use the rca inputs on the dac-xp with a jack to rca convertor chord.  I think there is a dac output level setting on the mojo to get the right output level. 

I presume a converter chord is the same as a converter cord, only more musical!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
23 minutes ago, TheFlash said:


I presume a converter chord is the same as a converter cord, only more musical! emoji3.png

You've got it.

The luddy computer realises how often I type Chord and so autocorrects to that!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not heard the Simaudio, but if you are going down the integrated route I would recommend to have a listen to the Gato250s, which I have been very impressed with (I have a Chord Mojo at work with my Sonneteer Orton amplifier and it is a great piece of kit). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest bang for buck is always speakers. I’d look there first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator

Simaudio MOON is great with Dynaudio, they often demo together at shows.  I used to have a Cyrus pre/mono rig driving Dyns and when I swapped the amps for a Rotel Michi setup it was a huge improvement.  By comparison the Cyrus gear sounded like it was playing through a blanket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
1 hour ago, arturo said:

Biggest bang for buck is always speakers. I’d look there first.

This^^

Has always been, shall always be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bandit pilot said:

This^^

Has always been, shall always be. 

I can't believe even the mods are still getting this wrong.

The correct upgrade path, where bang for buck is concerned =

upgrades.thumb.jpg.2380e5be3da964d22fd11597f4efe153.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
On 10/1/2017 at 07:25, Mister R said:

Hello all.

It's been a while since I've posted as generally I like my set up. That said, I think my system lacks some detail with some tracks as know the set up has some very good electronics so I am looking for some guidance. What would you recommend to upgrade? I stream all music these days and use Deezer Premium plus hard drive for my ripped cd collection using FLAC through db poweramp software.

System is:- 
Sonos Connect->Zyxel NAS->DAC-XP/PSX-R->Mono X200 Signatures-> Arcam AVR380->Furman Elite 16 Linear Power Conditioner-> Dynaudio Contour S1.4-> Dynaudio Sub300-> Dali Motif rears-> Chord epic/Nordost Shiva/Black Rhodium power cables-> Grado Labs SR325e-> Chord Mojo(the best piece of hifi kit I have bought to date!)


Thanks for your help!

Iain

If you think your system lacks detail then I would suggest you make sure or it could prove a costly upgrade with no improvement.  Mind you if you stream all your music then chances are that you are indeed missing detail :) (unless you are streaming lossless or whatever the appropriate terminology is) then you are only missing out on the additional detail that might be achieved by listening to vinyl).. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.