Mister R

System enhancement

Hello all.

It's been a while since I've posted as generally I like my set up. That said, I think my system lacks some detail with some tracks as know the set up has some very good electronics so I am looking for some guidance. What would you recommend to upgrade? I stream all music these days and use Deezer Premium plus hard drive for my ripped cd collection using FLAC through db poweramp software.

System is:- 
Sonos Connect->Zyxel NAS->DAC-XP/PSX-R->Mono X200 Signatures-> Arcam AVR380->Furman Elite 16 Linear Power Conditioner-> Dynaudio Contour S1.4-> Dynaudio Sub300-> Dali Motif rears-> Chord epic/Nordost Shiva/Black Rhodium power cables-> Grado Labs SR325e-> Chord Mojo(the best piece of hifi kit I have bought to date!)

Thanks for your help!

Iain

Super Wammer

Personal view if streaming .. stop worrying and just try and enjoy what you have :) you can spend a fortune and make it sound different but unfortunately being digital it may never sound right :) (just my personal view but I am sure others may have a different one) 

Super Wammer
11 hours ago, Mister R said:

Uzzy yes I hear you and not wanting to go nuts here but just feel the Dynaudios could get more out of the system. Thinking streamer demos plus DAC demo maybe a Chord Hugo 2. I haven't tried the mojo in it yet as only use with headphones. Any idea how to connect this in via DAC-XP to try it?

cheers!

iain

Just use the rca inputs on the dac-xp with a jack to rca convertor chord cord.  I think there is a dac output level setting on the mojo to get the right output level. 

Edited by Fourlegs
sp

Super Wammer
Just use the rca inputs on the dac-xp with a jack to rca convertor chord.  I think there is a dac output level setting on the mojo to get the right output level. 

I presume a converter chord is the same as a converter cord, only more musical!

Super Wammer
23 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

I presume a converter chord is the same as a converter cord, only more musical! emoji3.png

You've got it.

The luddy computer realises how often I type Chord and so autocorrects to that!

• Like 1

I have not heard the Simaudio, but if you are going down the integrated route I would recommend to have a listen to the Gato250s, which I have been very impressed with (I have a Chord Mojo at work with my Sonneteer Orton amplifier and it is a great piece of kit). 

Biggest bang for buck is always speakers. I’d look there first.

Simaudio MOON is great with Dynaudio, they often demo together at shows.  I used to have a Cyrus pre/mono rig driving Dyns and when I swapped the amps for a Rotel Michi setup it was a huge improvement.  By comparison the Cyrus gear sounded like it was playing through a blanket.

1 hour ago, arturo said:

Biggest bang for buck is always speakers. I’d look there first.

This^^

Has always been, shall always be. 

9 hours ago, bandit pilot said:

This^^

Has always been, shall always be. 

I can't believe even the mods are still getting this wrong.

The correct upgrade path, where bang for buck is concerned =

upgrades.thumb.jpg.2380e5be3da964d22fd11597f4efe153.jpg

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
On 10/1/2017 at 07:25, Mister R said:

Hello all.

It's been a while since I've posted as generally I like my set up. That said, I think my system lacks some detail with some tracks as know the set up has some very good electronics so I am looking for some guidance. What would you recommend to upgrade? I stream all music these days and use Deezer Premium plus hard drive for my ripped cd collection using FLAC through db poweramp software.

System is:- 
Sonos Connect->Zyxel NAS->DAC-XP/PSX-R->Mono X200 Signatures-> Arcam AVR380->Furman Elite 16 Linear Power Conditioner-> Dynaudio Contour S1.4-> Dynaudio Sub300-> Dali Motif rears-> Chord epic/Nordost Shiva/Black Rhodium power cables-> Grado Labs SR325e-> Chord Mojo(the best piece of hifi kit I have bought to date!)

Thanks for your help!

Iain

If you think your system lacks detail then I would suggest you make sure or it could prove a costly upgrade with no improvement.  Mind you if you stream all your music then chances are that you are indeed missing detail :) (unless you are streaming lossless or whatever the appropriate terminology is) then you are only missing out on the additional detail that might be achieved by listening to vinyl)..