Sign in to follow this  
johnny99

Audeze LCD3 Failure Rate?

Hello. I am thinking of auditioning and possibly buying the Audeze LCD3 which is expensive but gets great reviews. However I have just been reading on the internet about failures with the very thin diapraghms, misalignment of Fazors and Grills which reduces sound quality,  intermittent poor build quality and variations in sound between individual headphones. Does anyone know if these problems still exist - the failures seem to have been posted about 18 months to 2 years ago and I wonder if they have now been ironed out. For me £1700 is a lot to pay out and particularly for something that might have a significant chance of having to be returned to the USA for repair. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

I had a secondhand pair that I just sold and had owned for about 3 years with no problems.

Buy with a warranty and you'll be fine.

Super Wammer

I too had concerns, but I have had mine for at least a couple of years with no problems. The sound is great and when I bought them from the local dealer I did express my concerns about the reliability and he agreed that if they did go wrong during warranty he  would replace rather than repair, and if outside warranty would offer one repair at his cost, and if they were to go wrong again  he would offer a full refund.So he must be confident they are ok.

Alan

Edited by Radioham

On 28/09/2017 at 12:51, johnny99 said:

Hello. I am thinking of auditioning and possibly buying the Audeze LCD3 which is expensive but gets great reviews. However I have just been reading on the internet about failures with the very thin diapraghms, misalignment of Fazors and Grills which reduces sound quality,  intermittent poor build quality and variations in sound between individual headphones. Does anyone know if these problems still exist - the failures seem to have been posted about 18 months to 2 years ago and I wonder if they have now been ironed out. For me £1700 is a lot to pay out and particularly for something that might have a significant chance of having to be returned to the USA for repair. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

I've got a pair of LCD3s and one channel failed after a couple of years. I took it back to the dealer who sent them back to Audeze and it was all fixed under the warranty and I didn't have to pay any shipping. That hasn't put me off Audeze and I also bought a pair of iSines which are amazing -  for a quarter the price of the LCD3s you get a lot more than a quarter of the sound quality and they are move comfortable too.

Thanks for the replies. I've taken the plunge and after an audition I've just ordered a pair. So here's hoping.....

Edited by johnny99