GJO

New date Sat Oct 14th

Thanks Graham & Hilary for a lovely afternoon. Great to catch up with Dave & Ian and to also meet some new faces. Good music, company and lots of cake! 

Thanks Rick.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Same sentiments from me so thanks to Hilary and Graham from me too. What a great way to pop my bake-off cherry and spend a Saturday... Good music, great chat, fantastic company and a lift in Ian's pocket RS rocket (thanks Ian)... I'm so happy I could start a cable thread (only kidding). Looking forward to the next local event and I'll even be planning something myself here in Orbscure towers for the new year :)  

Edited by orbscure
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Ditto - enjoyed the music and company.  Fascinating for me to see so many phono stages being pretty much a digital only kinda guy.

Oh and big thanks to whoever brought the Nils Lofgren album (orbscure?).  I am currently listening to the whole album on Spotify via Sonos via my own DacDac on my own 2 channel system and really enjoying it.  I hadn't come across him before.

Edited by arb70sok
  • Like 1

Super Wammer

My pleasure Andrew... I'm currently listening to Yello, whilst downloading Malia/Boris Blank and some Letta Mbulu, all of which were played today... the super kit was a Brucie bonus :) 

Thank you once again Graham and Hilary for a great bake off. Some great cakes (I ate 4, my years intake) and good company, chat, gear and music. Nice to here the different Phono Stages that sadly doesn't happen much these days. I am now about to buy a D'Angelo album.

• Like 1

Pleased you enjoyed it guy's,did anyone take any pictures of Dave's phono ?

• Like 1

A big thanks to Hilary and Graham for opening up their house to us, it was very enjoyable meeting several wammers for the first time as well as renewing  old acquaintanceships. Much of the music played was new to me,  but all of it all sounding, to my ear,  well presented on Grahams'  balanced high quality system.  I don't remember seeing any cameras in use so probably no photos.  

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Sad that I missed out seeing everyone and cake but glad everyone had a good time with a most hospitable gent 

Super Wammer

Thanks to Graham for another convivial bake-off. Thanks also to Dave for letting us listen to his beautifully sounding phono stage and surprising me with bringing out a copy of Urban Hang Suite by Maxwell. Most unexpected. 

Nice to have a travelling companion for once with Peter. Hope the car ride wasn't to rough.

Roll on John's next month.

Super Wammer
15 minutes ago, Baggawire said:

Nice to have a travelling companion for once with Peter. Hope the car ride wasn't to rough.

Thanks for the lift Ian, despite what some might think, the spirit of the WAM is alive and kicking... as for the ride, it was remarkably smooth and its not the fault of the car when faced with the ridiculous number of potholes en-route and your chariot is a real head turner :) 

18 hours ago, Baggawire said:

Thanks also to Dave for letting us listen to his beautifully sounding phono stage.

I thought the NVO and Vida were pretty impressive,but Daves "Better than Jim's" phono produced bass the like of which I didn't think was possible with my system. 

Super Wammer

ooh extra bass I really did miss out :o

On 10/16/2017 at 13:14, harv said:

ooh extra bass I really did miss out :o

Not your kind of bass Harv.

Super Wammer

Yes. Clean bass - not the dirty sort your speakers put out.

Super Wammer

:o

I think you find that's just my musical taste :nuts: