GJO

New date Sat Oct 14th

Thought I would start a new thread,room for up to 8,DAC's and Phono stages welcome,location TN8.

Confirmed.

Baggawire.

Harv.

Lurch.

Wizmax.

arb70soc

Chelseadave.

Orbscure

All places now taken.

Edited by GJO

No problem Dean,I won't be bothering to post in this thread in the future,seems Wam bake off's are a thing of the past.

Super Wammer

I'm in for this and wizmax, if it's still going ahead? 

Super Wammer
On 9/29/2017 at 08:28, GJO said:

No problem Dean,I won't be bothering to post in this thread in the future,seems Wam bake off's are a thing of the past.

Does seem to be the distinct whiff of apathy around bake-offs nowadays. Maybe it's just us unsociable southerners.

Super Wammer

I would be up for this if it is not too late and there are still spaces.  Happy to bring any of my gear if anyone is interested but just as happy to listen to other peoples kit if they are not. 

If I don't get a specific request to bring stuff, I won't.  That means I can come on my motorbike (assuming it passes the MOT this week) but very happy to come in car and bring gear if there is any interest.

I would be keen to hear tube and/or passive pre-amps if anyone has those and doesn't mind bringing them along.

On 29/09/2017 at 08:28, GJO said:

I'm a noob when it comes to bake-offs.  Only been to 1.  My problem is that I am in poor health and have no transport, so I have to factor in trains etc and invariably need time to arrange things.

Your bake-off sounds great, I wish it every success, but too short notice for me to work things out. 

I'll look out for another announcement in the future (spring, as I hibernate now) and possibly bring my W4S dac2v2?

If you go to Harrogate show, Graham, I will be there on the Saturday. Please make yourself known. I am almost bald and walk with a stick with a dog-shaped handle.

13 hours ago, arb70sok said:

I would be up for this if it is not too late and there are still spaces.  Happy to bring any of my gear if anyone is interested but just as happy to listen to other peoples kit if they are not. 

If I don't get a specific request to bring stuff, I won't.  That means I can come on my motorbike (assuming it passes the MOT this week) but very happy to come in car and bring gear if there is any interest.

I would be keen to hear tube and/or passive pre-amps if anyone has those and doesn't mind bringing them along.

Yes Andrew,still plenty of room.

Please note,start time from 12 noon,gives Mrs O time to get some food in and of course cake.

CAAAAAKE

I am not on the list Graham have I been dropped?

On 07/10/2017 at 20:19, bohemian said:

I'm a noob when it comes to bake-offs.  Only been to 1.  My problem is that I am in poor health and have no transport, so I have to factor in trains etc and invariably need time to arrange things.

Your bake-off sounds great, I wish it every success, but too short notice for me to work things out. 

I'll look out for another announcement in the future (spring, as I hibernate now) and possibly bring my W4S dac2v2?

If you go to Harrogate show, Graham, I will be there on the Saturday. Please make yourself known. I am almost bald and walk with a stick with a dog-shaped handle.

Do you need a lift? I live in Richmond.

That's really kind of you, Dave (?), and I would have definitely taken you up on the offer, but as of now I have other commitments for Saturday.

Had a crisis of conscience for a moment because I would really loved to have gone to the bake-off, but now I have said yes to something else at home, I cannot go back on it.   

Perhaps another opportunity will arise?

Best Wishes,

Chris