Super Wammer

Hi Mike,

Well I am semi-retired if that helps! The BP is very musical and I play classic rock like the Grateful Dead, Lynard Skynard, Springsteen and the Allman Brothers often - it rocks.If you are in the States I would consider it a no-brainer. Not sure if they offer a trial  period after which you could return it but it may be worth asking. I doubt you would have any trouble selling it if it’s not for you.

Good luck,

Richard

Hi Mike,

I share Richard's enthusiasm. I would describe the sound as visceral. It makes music that you want to dance to, and I compared it to more expensive DACs; not better, but it was my pick.

WRT USB, I deliberately went for SPDIF as USB interfaces update regularly, BUT - I have a host of supporting widgets and power supplies. Gary will have a well thought out USB interface & excellent power supply in the SE, so if USB is what you need then this will be straightforward, and I am sure will sound good.

If you buy the box you will be able to listen to it on approval for a while, I didn't find it needed an extended break in; I'd give Gary a call.

If you do purchase one let us know what you think.

Cheers,

M

Thanks guys. I bought a used Audial Model S USB (uses the 1541 chip), and while it sounded great, it had problems with the USB. My computer was almost never able to "see" the DAC. I am returning it and hopefully there will not be a struggle with that. I will most likely get the BP SE with USB as that will be all I could afford. Need to wait a while though. I just had an operation to repair my eardrum and I cannot hear out of that ear at the moment. Will take about 5 more weeks to heal up. Hopefully after that, I should be able to make a purchase and see if this DAC sounds like all the descriptions I have been reading about. As an aside, when doing some research, I saw that Wavelength Audio uses the 1543 chip in some on their products. There must be something enticing about it.