Super Wammer
4 hours ago, Ceri Thomas said:

Yeah, horn speakers for domestic use do seem to be fairly divisive. That efficiency does seem to come at a slight cost in terms of neutrality. I guess it just depends whether you’re happy to sacrifice a bit of neutrality for the benefits horns bring in terms of dynamics for instance.

Both our SYSTEM-1 & SYSTEM-2 speakers for example are moderately sensitive and sealed as we felt in the majority of rooms, this would give the most consistent high quality sound.

Drive unit design is next on the article list. I’m really looking forward to writing it as there is so much interesting stuff to look at.

I do love a big pair of transmission lines J I started out at PMC as a service engineer and remember hearing an active pair of BB5XBD’s at the factory for the first time. Wow!

Wow is right. I heard my first ones at BBC Maida Vale, which had replaced the incredible KEF KM1s . I was actually disappointed I couldn't hear the KEFs,but hearing the PMCs made up for it.

S.

Super Dealer

The KEFs look really superb!

Are they super rare?

Keith

Edited by PuritéAudio

Super Wammer
Just now, PuritéAudio said:

The KEFs look really superb!

Are they super rare?

Keith

Yes, they were designed by KEF for the BBC who needed some high power monitors for this new fangled rock music, and their previous Grade 1 monitor, the LS5/8,  just wouldn't go loud enough. 

A few studios bought them, but KEF sold very few.

They occasionally turn up on sales sites, but you need a very large room and understanding  (or deaf) neighbours, or indeed a proper studio to make best use of them.

S

3 hours ago, SergeAuckland said:

Wow is right. I heard my first ones at BBC Maida Vale, which had replaced the incredible KEF KM1s . I was actually disappointed I couldn't hear the KEFs,but hearing the PMCs made up for it.

S.

The KEF KM1's are pretty cool speakers. I found this link:

http://www.kef.com/html/be_fl/explore/about_kef/museum/1980s/Professional_Series_km1/index.html

Funnily enough they are pretty similar spec wise to our SYSTEM-2: 3-Way fully active, tweeter, 2 x mids and 4 x 12" bass drivers per side.

3 hours ago, Martin D said:

Fascinating, Captain. Seriously i wish Code all the best, very interesting

Thanks Martin, really appreciate that J

I’m keen to develop the company so it really is a part of the enthusiasts community, rather than just saying ‘here’s our product, it’s great, you should buy it!’.

Step one is the blog, to try and get some interesting stuff out there, that hopefully people will enjoy reading.

Step two is we’re fully aware our SYSTEM-1 is out of reach of most people. So we’re currently working on a DSP active speaker system that should come in well under a grand and utilise some equipment enthusiasts already own or are familiar with. Sounds a bit cryptic, but I just don’t want to give too much away before we actually have a fully working product!

The hope is this little product can then become part of one of our bigger more expensive systems, if and when you wanted to progress. If all goes well, we’ll bring it to the Harrogate show in Oct. But we'll also put an article up before then with a bit of an explainer of what we're trying to do.

Super Wammer

Thanks for all the contributions Ceri

On 7/29/2017 at 17:59, sunbeamgls said:

Thanks for all the contributions Ceri

Not at all, thanks for taking the time to read them :)  I just had a quick scan of your site and some interesting stuff there! Deserves a more detailed look later...

If anyone is interested, I just posted an article about how and why we developed our SYSTEM-2 for the National Audio Show 2016 in 3 months:

https://code-acoustics.blog/2017/08/01/code-acoustics-system-2-how-to-create-an-award-winning-speaker-in-3-months/

Hopefully it's an interesting read and if you fancy letting me know your thoughts please do.

I've attached a pic of SYSTEM-2. Hopefully it comes in okay. It's got 8 x 12" bass drivers, which is a little unusual.

S2 CLOSE ON.PNG

Super Wammer
4 hours ago, Ceri Thomas said:

Not at all, thanks for taking the time to read them :)  I just had a quick scan of your site and some interesting stuff there! Deserves a more detailed look later...

Cheers!

If anyone fancies taking a look at the second part of our SYSTEM-2 article, it's now up on our blog site:

https://code-acoustics.blog/2017/08/08/code-acoustics-system-2-how-to-create-an-award-winning-speaker-in-3-months-pt-2/

Here is a pic of the set-up at NAS 2016:

S2 ROOM NIGHT sliver.png

Edited by Ceri Thomas