whitehart

Harbeth Owners Club

39 minutes ago, mattykyuss said:

Yes,very happy with them,did plug my atc back in to show the guy who bought my amp,not for me ,total differant sound than harbeth.

Which amp will you be using with the P3's?

Mac

Just now, whitehart said:

Which amp will you be using with the P3's?

Mac

rega elex r ,rega apollo r ,p3esr ,that is my little system.

Latest update on the 40th Anniversaries For best results remove supplied links, shame because they fit so nicely, but after I swapped them out for my Auditorium 23 cables there's been a noticeable difference., the slight edge has gone and now they sound sweeter than ever.

Every day I seem to find an album that previously I wasn't that fussed about, but listening to them on the new Harbs, the soundstage has opened right out and the depth is much greater than before exposing more detail in a clarity that has to be heard to be believed.

Mac

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 22:30, mattykyuss said:

rega elex r ,rega apollo r ,p3esr ,that is my little system.

Nowt little about that system in musical terms.:^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarzan said:

Nowt little about that system in musical terms.:^

cheers,its all i need for my space,tried some tellurium q black mk 2 speakers cables this week instead of chord epic twin,still very clear,but more bass ,well a differant sound in the bass dept,seems alittle deeper,but the chord are hard to beat in the highs,sounds good either way.mat

Heard Ian's Pro-Ject Classic, Croft 25R/7, Harbeth P3ESR system last week. Great combination - loved the turntable so I bought one myself a few days ago. I liked the Croft amps too, so I've just ordered a Croft RIAA phono stage to go with my Leben integrated. Of course, I already own some P3ESR speakers which aren't going anywhere soon :)

Edited by Nagraboy

Super Wammer

Really sorry I missed this thread somehow . I have a pair of Harbeth Compact Monitors Mk II which were an insurance replacement for a pair of Celestion SL600i speakers my Krell Destroyed .

This was over eight years ago and at the time I ended up having to accept the harbeths without hearing them first . Have to say i loved them when they arrived and still do but also have to admit to being unfaithful . The Harbeths are used every day but they are now the front pair of my AV system in the front living room and they work very well indeed giving all the sounds either TV or music a very easy to listen to and natural sound which is what Harbeths do. I would never part with them and enjoy them every day .

However in my music room about 18 months ago I got to scratch an itch I had wanted for quite a long time a wammer sold me his very well preserved pair of Linn Sara 9's and stands and these have now replaced the Harbeths in the music room on the end of my main system including the Krell KSA50 that started this whole journey off. Now the Sara are nothing like the Harbeths but there is such a really musical and joyous sound they can produce (I am prepared to accept this is colouration but it suits me so .....) and the way they make music just bounce along is very habit forming. I know they are not as complete a speaker as the Harbeths and they are nowhere like as natural and revealing but they make me smile they make me sing and so for now they stay .

slightly adore listening to youtube vids , and this one with the harbeth hl5plus was rather good i thought 

• Like 1

Very nice!:cool::cool:

Owned a pair of 3’s and loved them but soon went up to SHL5 Plus.  As a shameful box swapper I can categorically say these ain’t going nowhere.  Tried many amps and have settled for Unison Research Unico with Mullard CV4003’s.  

My good wammer mate Keith (deggy) came over and kept saying “Beautiful”.  No, he didn’t mean me.  :D

Edited by AlanB
Correct spelling
  • Like 1

...Yep ...alans right I did keep on saying beautiful, reason is this set up in alans room really shines , with a fluidity and naturalness 

that does seduce you  to listening to music..........nirvana ..... well it may be, depends on alans belief that everything is just so right,

theres nothing harsh , nothing grates it just sings to him,... and that's what its all about.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AlanB said:

Owned a pair of 3’s and loved them but soon went up to SHL5 Plus.  As a shameful box swapper I can categorically say these ain’t going nowhere.  Tried many amps and have settled for Unisoon Research Unico with Mullard CV4003’s.  

My good wammer mate Keith (deggy) came over and kept saying “Beautiful”.  No, he didn’t mean me.  :D

unless of course you fall for the anniversary version !!! 

Super Wammer

Thing is with Harbeth speakers they are all voiced in a very similar sound and in fact are often so seamless that when you are not able to see the speakers you can have real problems telling one from the other.

I doubted this when Alan Shaw said it but on a visit to the factory for some replacement drivers they had four models going up the range all lined up behind an acoustically transparent curtain . Switching from one speaker to the next was often very difficult to spot unless the music had a very deep low end when the larger models filled in the gap .

17 minutes ago, bencat said:

often very difficult to spot unless the music had a very deep low end when the larger models filled in the gap .

And then you can hear the enclosure and reflex port boofing along too..... ;)