whitehart

Harbeth Owners Club

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, mattykyuss said:

would say in the right room they do everything perfect,played about 9 albums with them last night,did not want to stop,not knocking the atc i had,but they could get abit sterile,almost head ache material after a few hours,these are exciting,but also mellow ,like you could close your eyes and chill,or turn them up alittle and get toe tapping lost for a few hours.

Did you have a good session with your new ones yet ?

 

I used to have ATC SCM40 only lived with them for 6 months for that reason, before switching to Harbeth.

Haven't stopped listening to the Anniversaries!

Mac

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a call from Guildford Audio yesterday to explain that Harbeth don't always use the same source for the cabinets, hence the difference in finish.  Bless them, they even offered to let me have their pair, but I declined the kind offer... I like the smell from my new pair as I walk in the room.

Mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, whitehart said:

Had a call from Guildford Audio yesterday to explain that Harbeth don't always use the same source for the cabinets, hence the difference in finish.  Bless them, they even offered to let me have their pair, but I declined the kind offer... I like the smell from my new pair as I walk in the room.

Mac

Well ,if your happy thats the main thing,speaker sniffing ,i had to smell mine after reading this ha ha ,my other half always has the windows open here ,so im going to tell her ,im missing out on this wood smell in the room,think harbeth are very good to deal with,asked me if i would like to have my set up in there news letter,why not i said,mat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mmm you must post a link so we can see it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hifinutt said:

mmm you must post a link so we can see it 

I'll have to get someone to do it for me, as I'm blind.

See what I can do.

Mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harbeth speakers was a home coming for me too after years of trying several speakers. I tried the M30.1's which were nice, but I preferred the SHL5's which I kept for a couple of years before moving onto the M40.1's when I got a bigger room. Cannot see myself change to anything else unless maybe a nice pair of horn speakers for a 2nd room if I win the lottery!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Harbeth speakers was a home coming for me too after years of trying several speakers. I tried the M30.1's which were nice, but I preferred the SHL5's which I kept for a couple of years before moving onto the M40.1's when I got a bigger room. Cannot see myself change to anything else unless maybe a nice pair of horn speakers for a 2nd room if I win the lottery!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent! have you heard the 40.2?

Mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Excellent! have you heard the 40.2?
Mac


Only once at KJ West when Alan Shaw did a demo, but he flicked through tracks every couple of seconds and it was mostly BBC speech, so I could not really form an opinion


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chivas said:


Only once at KJ West when Alan Shaw did a demo, but he flicked through tracks every couple of seconds and it was mostly BBC speech, so I could not really form an opinion


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was there for that demo... didn't think much of it, but I really don't think it's an ideal room for demoing.

One guy in the audience was very critical about the 40.2.

Mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was there for that demo... didn't think much of it, but I really don't think it's an ideal room for demoing.
One guy in the audience was very critical about the 40.2.
Mac


I'm sure AS did not take too kindly to the criticism!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chivas said:


I'm sure AS did not take too kindly to the criticism!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really, all got a bit embarrassing, ended up with the guy walking out.

Mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the Anniversaries well over a week now and playing them pretty solidly every day, so thought I'd jot down my thoughts.

The first thing I will say and the most noticeable difference from previous models I've owned, they are much bolder, you feel closer to the performance and whilst Harbeths are renowned for excelling in the acoustic sound, the 40th's have gone to another level.

Everythings sharpened and tightened up...  the gorgeous mids have improved and I didn't think that was possible, pianos in particular are extraordinary.

Still relatively early days, so I suspect there will be further improvements as I clock up the hours.

All Harbeth owners owe it to themselves to at least demo these fabulous loudspeakers and anyone thinking of changing from another brand, that goes for you too.

Mac

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

awsome stuff,ive had my p3esr a few days more than you had these,must say they are not going anywhere.Would like to think ,even if i moved to a bigger place,Harbeth speakers i would use,loving these little speakers.Feel no need to use a sub ,the highs and treble shine.Lost half my wpc amp wise,dont miss the bass when i could use it,gained more of a live with sound all around,.Would love to hear your stunning speakers ,but i know for my room they would be wasted ,guessing in the right place tho these must be superb,mat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mattykyuss said:

awsome stuff,ive had my p3esr a few days more than you had these,must say they are not going anywhere.Would like to think ,even if i moved to a bigger place,Harbeth speakers i would use,loving these little speakers.Feel no need to use a sub ,the highs and treble shine.Lost half my wpc amp wise,dont miss the bass when i could use it,gained more of a live with sound all around,.Would love to hear your stunning speakers ,but i know for my room they would be wasted ,guessing in the right place tho these must be superb,mat

You might be surprised! I have a very small listening room and they work fine.

Glad you're so pleased with the P3's though.

Mac

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes,very happy with them,did plug my atc back in to show the guy who bought my amp,not for me ,total differant sound than harbeth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.