whitehart

Harbeth club

10 hours ago, mattykyuss said:

would say in the right room they do everything perfect,played about 9 albums with them last night,did not want to stop,not knocking the atc i had,but they could get abit sterile,almost head ache material after a few hours,these are exciting,but also mellow ,like you could close your eyes and chill,or turn them up alittle and get toe tapping lost for a few hours.

Did you have a good session with your new ones yet ?

I used to have ATC SCM40 only lived with them for 6 months for that reason, before switching to Harbeth.

Haven't stopped listening to the Anniversaries!

Mac

• Like 1

Had a call from Guildford Audio yesterday to explain that Harbeth don't always use the same source for the cabinets, hence the difference in finish.  Bless them, they even offered to let me have their pair, but I declined the kind offer... I like the smell from my new pair as I walk in the room.

Mac

3 minutes ago, whitehart said:

Had a call from Guildford Audio yesterday to explain that Harbeth don't always use the same source for the cabinets, hence the difference in finish.  Bless them, they even offered to let me have their pair, but I declined the kind offer... I like the smell from my new pair as I walk in the room.

Mac

Well ,if your happy thats the main thing,speaker sniffing ,i had to smell mine after reading this ha ha ,my other half always has the windows open here ,so im going to tell her ,im missing out on this wood smell in the room,think harbeth are very good to deal with,asked me if i would like to have my set up in there news letter,why not i said,mat.

Super Wammer

mmm you must post a link so we can see it 

Harbeth speakers was a home coming for me too after years of trying several speakers. I tried the M30.1's which were nice, but I preferred the SHL5's which I kept for a couple of years before moving onto the M40.1's when I got a bigger room. Cannot see myself change to anything else unless maybe a nice pair of horn speakers for a 2nd room if I win the lottery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Harbeth speakers was a home coming for me too after years of trying several speakers. I tried the M30.1's which were nice, but I preferred the SHL5's which I kept for a couple of years before moving onto the M40.1's when I got a bigger room. Cannot see myself change to anything else unless maybe a nice pair of horn speakers for a 2nd room if I win the lottery!

Excellent! have you heard the 40.2?

Mac

Excellent! have you heard the 40.2?
Mac

Only once at KJ West when Alan Shaw did a demo, but he flicked through tracks every couple of seconds and it was mostly BBC speech, so I could not really form an opinion

12 hours ago, Chivas said:

Only once at KJ West when Alan Shaw did a demo, but he flicked through tracks every couple of seconds and it was mostly BBC speech, so I could not really form an opinion

I was there for that demo... didn't think much of it, but I really don't think it's an ideal room for demoing.

One guy in the audience was very critical about the 40.2.

Mac

I was there for that demo... didn't think much of it, but I really don't think it's an ideal room for demoing.
One guy in the audience was very critical about the 40.2.
Mac

I'm sure AS did not take too kindly to the criticism!