orangeart

DIY Speaker Bake Off

The 14th is fine with me 

I'm going to move this, I've been rather busy and think I'm going to struggle a bit to get this organised for mid October. I've spoken with Dave Shevyn over at GIK and November 25th works well for him so am proposing we do this then if you are all still up for it?

Stefan

Super Wammer

hi Stefan

very sorry but I'm afraid I can't make 25th Nov, I can ask my mate but he's not on the forum - so possibly 2 out I'm afraid mate

Right, I've added the date I mentioned above to the event calendar on my site.

http://www.kjfaudio.com/event/2nd-annual-diy-speaker-event/

Can those of you who want to come pop over there and use the RSVP function at the bottom to book in, that way I've got an easy way to see how many are coming and contact you all with updates etc. 

There is a comments section at the bottom of the page, if you are planning on bringing some kit could you just pop it in there, I'll curate a list or stuff and post it over to the various fora from time to time.

Stefan

4 minutes ago, Maverick said:

hi Stefan

very sorry but I'm afraid I can't make 25th Nov, I can ask my mate but he's not on the forum - so possibly 2 out I'm afraid mate

That's a shame, there will be another next year, I'd like to make this an annual event for the DIYers, maybe moving forward we'll have to move it from the farm to another venue.

Hey all, looking forward to this, there is still some room if you want to sign up, also I have enabled comments on the calendar page on my site, those of you bringing kit with you, if you could put your kit in a comment at the bottom of the page I'd appreciate that.

Things have changed very slightly, Dave Shevyn from GIK sends his apologies but cannot now make it, hopefully he'll come next year. Phillip Budd, Linn's speaker engineer is confirmed though. He'll bring over a couple of Exakt boxes, one multiway which he'll create a crossover for my 3 way speakers and one designed primarily for sub linearization which he will press into service to eq and linearize a pair of frugal horns.

Should be interesting.

Stefan

Super Wammer

Unfortunately this clashes with a bake off, I have already agreed to go to. So I shall have to say no this time.

Getting excited now, I spoke with Phil from Linn over the last couple of days and he is looking forward to coming. Still got space for a couple of others.

Stefan

Room treatment installed, concrete floor carpeted, Linn demo equipment arrived. Looking forward to seeing you there. 

Couple of people can no longer come so there are another couple of spaces left, pop over and sign up.

Got most stuff working last night, Phil is coming today to get his stuff set up, see you all tomorrow.

Stefan

Super Wammer

Any reports from any attendees please?  Looks like it will have been an interesting session.