whitehart

Accuphase Owners Club

A few years ago I took a gamble on an old e212 Accuphase integrated. I kept it for a few months just to make sure it wasn't the emperors new clothes. Then I sold on my Naim 52/Supercap and 135's. They go great with the SHL5's. I thought about trying a later version of Accuphase integrated but the constant need for upgrading has disappeared.

As a footnote the amp came with an integrated DAC module but it's a bit muddy compared to the Rega. I would have liked the integrated phono module but they are silly money; around the price I paid for the amp so it doesn't make sense as I'm not that much of an anorak.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Edited by Pete the Feet

1 hour ago, Pete the Feet said:

A few years ago I took a gamble on an old e212 Accuphase integrated. I kept it for a few months just to make sure it wasn't the emporores new clothes. Then I sold on my Main 52/Supercap and 135's. They go great with the SHL5's. I thought about trying a later version if Accuphase integrated but the constant need for upgrading has disappeared.

As a footnote the amp came with an integrated DAC module but it's a bit muddy compared to the Rega. I would have liked the integrated phono module but they are silly money. Around the price I paid for the amp so it doesn't make sense as I'm not that much of an anorak.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing that.  I'm toying with the idea of changing my E470 which I only bought last year for the Class A E600... prob should have gone for that one in the first place.

Mac

Super Wammer

Does anybody have a copy of the E-306 instruction manual (or can provide an online pointer) especially in relation to using its selectable pre-out option? I want to try a pair of duel class A monoblocks in my system, but not having a dedicated pre-amp, I'm looking at using the E-306 as a pre-amp. I can find plenty of pdf's of the E-306 brochure, but nothing for the instructions. Many thanks in advance :) 

Super Wammer
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 09:36, orbscure said:

Does anybody have a copy of the E-306 instruction manual (or can provide an online pointer) especially in relation to using its selectable pre-out option? I want to try a pair of duel class A monoblocks in my system, but not having a dedicated pre-amp, I'm looking at using the E-306 as a pre-amp. I can find plenty of pdf's of the E-306 brochure, but nothing for the instructions. Many thanks in advance :) 

OK... let try this a different angle... below is a photo showing the rear of an E-306 (100v model, but identical to the UK voltage example I have)

e306rear.jpg.a6539aa17611297b994030383470c105.jpg

If I have a pair of duel Class A monoblocks and want to use the E-306 as a pre, with the main unit power off, do I simply connect the pre out left and right to the left & right monoblock and flick the switch from Normal to Separate?

Yes, Peter.

Edited by wizmax
  • Like 1

Super Wammer

Thanks Robin :) 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 09:36, orbscure said:

Try Emailing Accuphase, they do respond fairly quickly.

Mac

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Thanks Mac 😀

I've got a DP-77, DC-37, AD-2800 and C-2400

Well pleased with them!

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 13:56, terrycym said:

I've got a DP-77, DC-37, AD-2800 and C-2400

Well pleased with them!

Excellent!  are the recent buys, or have you had them fo a while?

I've been tempted to buy one of the older CDP's, as can't afford top of the range, but not sure if they would be as good as my Electro EMC1UP.

Mac

Not sure if anybody is still interested. I have only just become a member of this forum and I have seen this thread now. I have recently got a second hand E600 after auditioning the E270 and E470. All of them are absolutely stunning amplifies. They get better as you climb the ladder but even the E270 is already outstanding. I had the chance to compare the E270 with  preamp and power amp of a different brand, which was about 3 times more expensive and the E270 cut through the music much better. It is astonishing that Accuphase is so little known in the UK. I believe there is only one Accuphase Dealer in the UK. But it is an independent audio shop and the guy who runs the shop has an incredible understanding of music reproduction.