whitehart

Accuphase Owners Club

Recommended Posts

Any other Accuphase kit owners here on the Wam?  I own the E470 intigrated, before that I had the E350 and seriously doubt I'll ever use another brand of amp.

Just wish there were more dealers in the UK.

Luxman probably at the same level pricewise and seems relatively more widely available... are they better than Accuphase, or is it all to do with economics.

Mac

Edited by whitehart
extra info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Kawasaki kr1s said:

Hi

I bought my first model, E350 privately then traded it in through a dealer for E470 Hi 

I'd really like to hear a E350 or 470 in my own system,like me your also Kent based did you buy your unit privately or from a dealer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2017 at 22:42, whitehart said:

Any other Accuphase kit owners here on the Wam?  I own the E470 intigrated, before that I had the E350 and seriously doubt I'll ever use another brand of amp.

Just wish there were more dealers in the UK.

Luxman probably at the same level pricewise and seems relatively more widely available... are they better than Accuphase, or is it all to do with economics.

Mac

 

Hi, I am waiting for my Graham Audio LS 5/9 to arrive, and have been thinking about upgrading my amp, was thinking about the new, to come out Primare Prism 35,

but lately the E-470 has caught my eye, as I would like a amp with a good headphone output, also with the input cards for the E-470 it is getting close too the Primare in an all in one system setup.

What speakers are you using, and how would you describe the sound of the Accuphase ? especially the midrange and treble ?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/07/2017 at 07:19, gryphon said:

Hi, I am waiting for my Graham Audio LS 5/9 to arrive, and have been thinking about upgrading my amp, was thinking about the new, to come out Primare Prism 35,

but lately the E-470 has caught my eye, as I would like a amp with a good headphone output, also with the input cards for the E-470 it is getting close too the Primare in an all in one system setup.

What speakers are you using, and how would you describe the sound of the Accuphase ? especially the midrange and treble ?

Thanks.

I'm currently using Harbeth SHL5 plus, but awaiting delivery of the new 40th anniversary model.

Before buying my first Accuphase I used to have the Sugden Masterclass intigrated and as excellent an amp it is, it could never control the base on the same speakers, but as soon as the E350 was in place the problem was under control... the midrange is is open and clear and the top end is detailed, but never harsh.

You're welcome to have a listen for yourself.

Mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Mac, just what I was hoping to hear, would have liked to taken you up for a listening session, but I live in the Faroe Islands

So a bit difficult ;-)

Do you find the amp to be quiet in operation?

and does it get warm?

thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gryphon said:

Thanks Mac, just what I was hoping to hear, would have liked to taken you up for a listening session, but I live in the Faroe Islands

So a bit difficult ;-)

Do you find the amp to be quiet in operation?

and does it get warm?

thanks.

Hi

That's a shame, but bet it's lovely there.

Both models that I've had, E350 and E470 run totally quiet... it gets a little warm, but nothing compared to my old Sugden, one of the reasons I sold it.

Keep me posted on what you decide.

Mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, gryphon said:

Mac, how do you find the headphone output?

have you tried it any?

Must admit, I don't use it a lot, but sounds excellent to me... I really wouldn't expect anything less from Accuphase though.

Feel free to PM me if you need any more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

Have any of the Accuphase integrated amp owners here upgraded from an Audio Note Oto SE (or very similar) and was the improvement worth the upgrade? I'm not looking at new Accuphase, but a little financial tickle means I can look at second hand integrated and Accuphase is an itch I've always watched to scratch...

Edited by orbscure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/09/2017 at 13:41, orbscure said:

Have any of the Accuphase integrated amp owners here upgraded from an Audio Note Oto SE (or very similar) and was the improvement worth the upgrade? I'm not looking at new Accuphase, but a little financial tickle means I can look at second hand integrated and Accuphase is an itch I've always watched to scratch...

Not me I'm afraid... I went from Sugden and never looked back... which model are you tempted by?

Mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

Hi Mac, I've since pulled the trigger on an E306 which should be with me by the end of next week... my reasoning is that if its not a sonic improvement over the Oto, I should be able to resell it for around what I've paid. I'm especially interested with the E306 having what I understand it a very good MC/MM phono board, so that'll mean I can do away with a link between my TD125 and the amp which is currently filled with a LFD Phonostage MC1... well, that's the hope anyway :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, orbscure said:

Hi Mac, I've since pulled the trigger on an E306 which should be with me by the end of next week... my reasoning is that if its not a sonic improvement over the Oto, I should be able to resell it for around what I've paid. I'm especially interested with the E306 having what I understand it a very good MC/MM phono board, so that'll mean I can do away with a link between my TD125 and the amp which is currently filled with a LFD Phonostage MC1... well, that's the hope anyway :)  

Excellent! let us know what you think... I've never heard that model, but I'm sure it will have that magic that Accuphase is renowned for.

Mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both Accuphase and Luxman aren't that popular/known in the UK. Not sure why.

In the past I used to work for a HiFi dealer in Slovakia. We were authorised dealers of both and later dropped them and replaced with McIntosh and Classe. I used to own CD player Luxman D700S, for a short time Accuphase DP-55 and A-210 and also preamplifier Accuphase C-11 - that, I shouldn't have sold, that's something I regret to this day (13 years later). It was class-A, built like a tank, got pretty hot :) when in use and had a great phono preamp. Always liked class A amps from Accuphase and Luxman - hard to beat in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hexx said:

Both Accuphase and Luxman aren't that popular/known in the UK. Not sure why.

In the past I used to work for a HiFi dealer in Slovakia. We were authorised dealers of both and later dropped them and replaced with McIntosh and Classe. I used to own CD player Luxman D700S, for a short time Accuphase DP-55 and A-210 and also preamplifier Accuphase C-11 - that, I shouldn't have sold, that's something I regret to this day (13 years later). It was class-A, built like a tank, got pretty hot :) when in use and had a great phono preamp. Always liked class A amps from Accuphase and Luxman - hard to beat in my opinion.

Luxman does have a few dealers, but to my knowledge there's only one that stocks Accuphase... quite bemusing

Mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.