Sign in to follow this  
Martin D

??? Wammers Comment On Chris Rea Live ???

As above, he's over here in Germany later in the year but i here talk of "rock ballads" euw! I am partial to rock and ballads but this sounds well MOR. Should suit the Germans though ;-) Anyone seen him live.

Cheers

Martin

Admin

Never seen him live, but I would if i got the chance. His later stuff seems a lot more blues - influenced and less MOR ! 

Saw him a good few years ago when he was promoting 'Dancing Down The Stoney Road' which is a great blues album and definitely my favourite album by him.  His career is littered with muzak but the above album and The Blue Cafe together with God's Great Banana Skin have some fine music amongst the MOR - as do his other albums - and he is a superb guitarist.

Since his very serious health issues he seems to have re-energised, plays more rocky/blues these days.  I would have no hesitation in going to see him again.

Edited by Sumdumgi

seen him live 3 times in the last 4 years. Not a trace of MOR in site. He does blues ''covers'' of some of his MOR tracks, I guess to keep that part of his fan base on side. If you have a streaming service listen to santo spirit, blue café, dancing down the stoney road, or the  blue guitar box set for a better idea of what you will get. We have booked to see him again in December.