The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

evand

Good Schiit

Seeing as there's no Schiit owner's club...

Very happy owner of a Yggdrasil DAC for my main setup.  Also have a Jotunheim HPA to drive HD800's and LCD3's.

• Upvote 1

Admin

Lyr headphone amp user. Love it, best headphone amp at reasonable prices i have heard ( the best was the Chord Dave, but that's a little bit more expensive ! ). Would like to hear the Freya preamp some time also, as if it is as good as the Lyr, could be a bargain. 

gosh this sciit stuff seems to be everywhere ....theres 2 reviews of their kit in hifi critic this month alone ,schiit Mjolnir 2 and vali 2  

I borrowed a Schitt Yggdrasil for a couple of weeks, just contact the EU distributer and pay £30 towards postage.

I ended up buying something else, but this is a very good DAC. Extracted more detail than anything else I heard and the soundstaging was excellent. If you are thinking of a new DAC I would recommend listening to one.

M

got a schiit saga pre amp yesterday and enjoying it , lovely smooth top end using valve output . incredible price for this piece of kit 

http://www.schiit.com/products/saga

I bought a Mani as a mobile PS but sadly it died, the led lights up OK but not a peep out the damn thing. I really must get it sorted when I've fought off this current bout of audio CBA. It seemed pretty good in MM mode when it was working though, with MC as an option in a tight corner.

On 16/06/2018 at 19:28, hifinutt said:

got a schiit saga pre amp yesterday and enjoying it , lovely smooth top end using valve output . incredible price for this piece of kit 

http://www.schiit.com/products/saga

Was this with the standard valve or tung-sol valve option? I heard this with their power amp at the North West show and it did sound good. 

yes i am using a brimar valve which jerry found to be the best . not tried anything else but i do like this pre amp . i am sure that lovely ref 3 at midland audio would beat it but at 360 pounds new its 10 times cheaper and still sounds very good

Super Wammer

Have a little Schiit Fula connected to my office pc for headphone duties. Excellent value for money.

On 17/06/2018 at 05:35, JJ-X-Ray said:

i was looking at getting the Schitt Mani phono stage for my Technics sl1210s.........read good things about them, think its worth a pop for the price

I am using a Schitt Mani at the moment. Exceptionally good value for money. I am feeding it with a SRM Arezzo TT with a Rega RB220 arm and Goldring 2100 cartridge into a Primare I32 amp and Monitor Audio Silver 8 speakers. The arm and cartridge are quite modest and I am looking at upgrading these areas at some stage.

On 18/08/2017 at 11:12, Mr Underhill said:

I borrowed a Schitt Yggdrasil for a couple of weeks, just contact the EU distributer and pay £30 towards postage.

I ended up buying something else, but this is a very good DAC. Extracted more detail than anything else I heard and the soundstaging was excellent. If you are thinking of a new DAC I would recommend listening to one.

M

hoping to hear a Yggdrasil tommorrow at a chaps house , should be interesting . he also has a freya pre 

i would love to meet the comedian who writes the delightfully brief manual with gems like this 

When using the tube gain stage, Freya’s tubes get hot. We don’t recommend letting your pets sleep on them.

and 

Volume Knob Turn up to increase volume. Stop before your speakers explode.

and best of all in describing the saga`s remote 

Yes, this preamp comes with a remote control. And yes, it’s a relatively simple plastic affair. Yeah, we know you want milled aluminum, but you also probably don’t want to spend a fortune on a remote control either. This remote is inexpensive enough that if your dog eats it, you can get another one without any financial stress.:D

hoping to hear a Yggdrasil tommorrow at a chaps house , should be interesting . he also has a freya pre 

I’ll be interested in your thoughts about the Freya, been looking at them for a while and there is a used one kicking around just now.

yes i will keep you posted , it arrived today so will be comparing with the very capable saga 

• Like 1