hifinutt

finsbury park terrorist attack

Super Wammer

what a tragedy when a man who helps his muslim neighbours with diy turns against peaceful muslims and causes such terror

how can we combat islamophobia , there is such hatred rising , you can see it on facebook and everywhere .  

Edited by hifinutt

Super Wammer

what  a refreshing response to this atrocity

roses for Ramadan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-40343485

Journalist Lipika Pelham lives close to the Finsbury Park mosque, is a member of the local synagogue, and is accustomed to seeing girls in hijabs acting in the Nativity Play at her children's school. On Monday evening, nearly 24 hours after the van attack a few yards away, she was one of hundreds handing flowers to Muslim worshippers as they entered the mosque to pray.

A sea of roses - pink, yellow, white and red - symbolised multicultural London. People's faces were glowing in the evening sun. These non-Muslims, mostly from the area, were offering roses to Muslim worshippers.

A man in a Muslim skullcap and long white robe accepted a bouquet from a young Londoner in shorts and a sleeveless top.

23 hours ago, hifinutt said:

what a tragedy when a man who helps his muslim neighbours with diy turns against peaceful muslims and causes such terror

how can we combat islamophobia , there is such hatred rising , you can see it on facebook and everywhere .  

It might help if we could do away with all religion everywhere. But Homo Sapiens isn't terribly sapiens in most cases, so this seems unlikely to happen, sadly.

I think we have to be terribly careful to say that there is a difference between Islamaphobia and criticism of Islam. Islamaphobia is a personal matter of being hostile towards or harming people because they are Muslims, like this Welsh man Osborne. It's like being homophobic to someone just because they are gay, and only because they are gay, and that's never ever right or tolerable.

But criticism of moderate Islam or parts of it, to the extent of the part that this Islam can and has played in terrorism is another matter - some bad attitudes to terrorism, Islamic apologism for it, belief in sharia spilling over to ideas of those who interpret the Quran to kill, bad preachers in a number of mosques still. This is freedom of speach and being honest.

of course the left wing people will shut that debate down and the siddiq khans, medhi hassans etc, which is why I think we are in this mess. We need to let people practise their faith to the extent it doesn't affect others or those effects in how they practise could impact terrorism. But Muslims meed to denounce rife bad interpretation of Islam at odds with our laws.

But I struggle with this rhetoric that people say 'we come together and love' and clearly as an ideology it's valiant and well thought out that through collective action amongst Muslims and non Muslims, we can better tackle the matter or any forms of extremism, but I think the rhetoric plays into a left wing agenda, the notion any critisicm of Islam is Islamaphobia which it isn't, and a pc brigade, which helps to stop being honest and take concentration off tackling the issue with Muslim people just protecting reputations by rejecting any form of criticism.  This has been going on far too long. I also think we have to take it away from loose collective action of solidarity in thought into solidarity in action. Much more effective.

Moderate right wing politics hasn't shut the debate down because the problem has overwhelming been religion is absolutely ok if it doesn't affect others. The leftists will however more willingly conflate into the debate right wing sensiblist views as being the far right, with our liberal politics in the uk, which allows the uk to never get to the heart of the issue. 

Edited by

Super Wammer

yes , agree with most of  that . its important to debate the issue 

7 hours ago, Blzebub said:

It might help if we could do away with all religion everywhere. But Homo Sapiens isn't terribly sapiens in most cases, so this seems unlikely to happen, sadly.

Beelzebub or Beelzebul (/bˈɛlzbʌb/ bee-EL-zə-bub or /ˈblzbʌb/ BEEL-zə-bub; Hebrew: בַּעַל זְבוּב‎‎, Baʿal Zəvûv; Arabic: بعل الذباب‎‎, Ba‘al adh-dhabâb) is a name derived from a Philistine god, formerly worshipped in Ekron, and later adopted by Abrahamic religions as a given name to a wingeddemon. The name Beelzebub is associated with the Canaanite god Baal.

In theological sources, predominately Christian, Beelzebub is another name for the devil similar to Satan. He is known by believers as one of the seven princes of Hell, according to Catholic views in terms of demonology. The Dictionnaire Infernal describes Beelzebub as a being capable of flying, known as the "Lord of the Flyers", or the "Lord of the Flies".

I guess you are right!

I think we have to be terribly careful to say that there is a difference between Islamaphobia and criticism of Islam. Islamaphobia is a personal matter of being hostile towards or harming people because they are Muslims, like this Welsh man Osborne. It's like being homophobic to someone just because they are gay, and only because they are gay, and that's never ever right or tolerable.
But criticism of moderate Islam or parts of it, to the extent of the part that this Islam can and has played in terrorism is another matter - some bad attitudes to terrorism, Islamic apologism for it, belief in sharia spilling over to ideas of those who interpret the Quran to kill, bad preachers in a number of mosques still. This is freedom of speach and being honest.
of course the left wing people will shut that debate down and the siddiq khans, medhi hassans etc, which is why I think we are in this mess. We need to let people practise their faith to the extent it doesn't affect others or those effects in how they practise could impact terrorism. But Muslims meed to denounce rife bad interpretation of Islam at odds with our laws.
But I struggle with this rhetoric that people say 'we come together and love' and clearly as an ideology it's valiant and well thought out that through collective action amongst Muslims and non Muslims, we can better tackle the matter or any forms of extremism, but I think the rhetoric plays into a left wing agenda, the notion any critisicm of Islam is Islamaphobia which it isn't, and a pc brigade, which helps to stop being honest and take concentration off tackling the issue with Muslim people just protecting reputations by rejecting any form of criticism.  This has been going on far too long. I also think we have to take it away from loose collective action of solidarity in thought into solidarity in action. Much more effective.
Moderate right wing politics hasn't shut the debate down because the problem has overwhelming been religion is absolutely ok if it doesn't affect others. The leftists will however more willingly conflate into the debate right wing sensiblist views as being the far right, with our liberal politics in the uk, which allows the uk to never get to the heart of the issue. 

FFS change the record. Every post in every thread you say the same thing.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pete the Feet said:

FFS change the record. Every post in every thread you say the same thing.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

What do you say?