insider9

DALI Owners Club

1 minute ago, philb36 said:

Ive been looking cant quite see them in that picture....ahem.

I used to own the opticon 6s before the opticon 8s and when I brought the opticon 8s I went and picked them up in the car and I got help at the shop end but when I got home it was just me and I had to carry them into the house and they where really heavy I nearly bust a gut lefting them out of the car to the house .

they are very big speakers but love them I nearly upgraded to the Dali rubicon 8s this year but changed my mind at the last minute as I am really happy with the sound they make and thought that i didn’t want to ruin the sound I did have but what the rubicon 8s would of sounded like in my house I will never no now .

But I do have a dream to own the epicon  6s if I can rob the bank :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, philb36 said:

Yes I’ve seen those unfortunate  :( I do not have that kind of money at the moment and I would need a trade in with my opticon 8s if I got them but they are very beautiful speakers and I would be polishing every day  

• Haha 1

I will have a pair of epicon 6s one day but what day that will be I do not no but I will own some in walnut I guarantee you  :notworthy:

Edited by Blacksabbath25

Epicon 6 were a significant improvement over Helicon 400 II.  Clarity is astounding.  My MF AMS35i with these bring the artist into the room.  No sibilance.  Not a huge room so volume is enough at quarter turn of the v knob.

This is it for me now. 😏

2 hours ago, arturo said:

Epicon 6 were a significant improvement over Helicon 400 II.  Clarity is astounding.  My MF AMS35i with these bring the artist into the room.  No sibilance.  Not a huge room so volume is enough at quarter turn of the v knob.

This is it for me now. 😏

You lucky bugger :P i will get some 

New to the forum but I'll throw my hat in the ring as an owner of a pair of Dali Royal Towers. Have these hooked to a Roksan Kandy K2 amp and jolida valve dac playing flac files via sonos. I absolutely love these little floor standers and I honestly can't see me changing them out any time soon. We'll never say never, I wonder what a reasonable dali upgrade would be?

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, subseastu said:

New to the forum but I'll throw my hat in the ring as an owner of a pair of Dali Royal Towers. Have these hooked to a Roksan Kandy K2 amp and jolida valve dac playing flac files via sonos. I absolutely love these little floor standers and I honestly can't see me changing them out any time soon. We'll never say never, I wonder what a reasonable dali upgrade would be?

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

welcome :) yes i love my dali opticon 8s i started with dali speakers from dali zensor 1s , 3s , opticon 6s and now the opticon 8s which i have had for 2 years or more when dali launched this range which are very good and different from the zensor range which the opticon's are a lot smoother and more detailed than the zensor range .

I was going to buy the rubicon 8s this year but changed my mind at the last minute because i didn't want to ruin the sound i have now and find the rubicons a little more bass heavy and did not want to have booming speakers in my house so changed my mind but want to own the dali epicon 6s but they are expensive at £7000 new and the 8s are £11000 new which would be a lottery win for me to buy the 8s .

I am a big dali speakers fan as they get so close to the music which i like and not had that from other speaker companies over the years  with the speakers i have owned 

Edited by Blacksabbath25
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, arturo said:

No sibilance.

I'm really at a loss as to why I'm experiencing this. I'm starting to think it's my room or I'm over-sensitive to it. Was going to wait until I'd made a final decision before posting but the latest is I'm currently trying a Unison Research Unico 150. The sibilance hasn't changed. Early impressions of the amp, FWIW, are that it has a nice midrange, good with vocals, a tight grip on the bass but a little soft and sluggish sounding. My Luxman sounds the extra £2.5 grand. More air, better transient response, more energy. It certainly looks the money too. The Unison build quality leaves a lot to be desired, the remote is an eyesore and only controls the volume and the tinny amp has a slight hum going on. Pretty good for the money if you're looking for silky but with punch.

I can get a home demo of the Sugden IA4 but I'll be asking the dealer to bring other speakers too because I'll be very surprised if it's a miracle cure. I'd be gutted to see them go as they do blow me away with the right recording and they look gorgeous.

I have recently bought a Kubik One soundbar for my apartment. I am enjoying it and the build is excellent.

• Like 1

Hey all! New here and I have a set of original Dali 8 from 1985 before the factory these we’re made in his basement one of the first likes of speakers they made, excellent condition Dali 8 both drivers re foamed and are cosmetically great! Looking to trade or just sell, these are as rare as can be, numbers 1011 and 1012, can send more pics you can text me 716-361-1667 Tom Buffalo Ny, thanks!!

8C6930C2-0C19-4E9E-A6E7-A4EFF9259642.jpeg

• Like 1

On 28/07/2019 at 11:47, philb36 said:

What amplification do we all use with dalis? Im thinking of getting rid of the nad

I using Yamaha A-S3000 with my Dali opticon 8s which is a very good match as the amplifier has plenty of power to run them probably which most of the Dali range are 4 ohm speakers anyway but my amplifier will drop lower to 2 ohm load but think Dali speakers have got the closest to how music should sound in my mind so will stick with Dali speakers 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Epicon 6.  35w class A MF AMS35i.  Sublime.

Edited by arturo