hifinutt

general election

brilliant debate tonight . personally I thought nuttall spoke what people think on the street and considering rudd lost her day on Monday she held up well

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/election-debate-2017-amber-rudd-praised-for-taking-part-in-debate-despite-death-of-her-father-a3553951.html

all the leaders had good points and much to think about . what do you guys think ?

Putting aside the political stance of the standard, I would have hoped that the party, that caim to be the only party capable of negotiating Brexit,  would have enough strength in depth to allow Mrs Rudd to take a few days off.

The answers are to be found in the OMRLP 'Manicfesto':

Policies A-Z

The A-Z of the OMRLP Manicfesto Just a sample of what you’d get by voting for insanity – you know it makes sense!

A.AIR bags will be fitted to the Stock Exchange immediately, ready for the next crash.

B. BRITAIN will exit Europe and join the Duchy of Cornwall to benefit from tax exemptions.

C. CAPITAL Punishment will be opposed on the grounds that it is unfair to Londoners.

D. DATA will be secured, placed in a brown bag and hidden in the PM’s socks and pants drawer.

E. Education. All University Tuition fees for women would be free as we are strong believers in Female intuition. (Due to gender equality laws we would include males as well)

F. FRIVOLOUS Fraud Office setup to inspect fraud too silly for the Serious Fraud Office.
G. GREYHOUND racing will be banned to prevent the country going to the dogs.

H. HALF the grey squirrels will be painted red to increase the red squirrel population.

I. INNOCENT prisoners will be released in order to reduce prison overcrowding.

J. JOBSEEKERS will be made to stand two abreast in order to halve dole queues.

K. KIDS will be made to sit closer together on smaller desks in to reduce school class sizes.

L. LONDON Marathon free to anyone finishing in sub-2 hours wearing large clown’s shoes.

M. MEGA carwash will be created by punching holes in the roof of the Channel Tunnel.

N. NATIONAL debt will be cleared by putting it all on our credit card.

O. OAPS will qualify for a Summer Ice Lolly Allowance if temperatures exceed 70 degrees.

P. PUDDLES deeper than 3 inches will be marked by a yellow plastic duck.

Q. QUITTERS will be encouraged not to start in the first place to improve their self esteem.

R. REGULATIONS concerning car boot sales will be relaxed to permit selling of all car parts.

S.STAMP duty will be cancelled as stamps are expensive enough without having to pay duty.

T.TERRORISTS will be made to wear Bells and Horns so we know where they are.

U.UNRULY teenagers will be superglued together as if you can’t beat them, join them.

V. VEHICLES will be fitted with bungy ropes in order to save fuel on the return journey.

W. WIND farms will be created nationwide, where breaking wind will be encouraged.

X. X-RAY machines will be manned by a skeleton staff.

Y. YELLOW lines will be painted where you can park instead of where you can’t to save money.

Z. ZEBRA crossings will be made permissible to all animals wishing to cross the road.

anyone bothered about bringing back fox hunting ? 

personally i rather like foxes as they come to our garden daily 

The chairman of the Dulverton West Foxhounds Supporters Club told Somerset's County Gazette: "The Tories promised us there would be a vote before the last election and they let us down then. I think this is just a ploy to get farmers and hunting people on side.

"The Hunting Act has never worked and needs to be repealed, nothing is done to control foxes now. It is a case of town people trying to tell country people, who have lived on these lands for generations, what to do."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40085091

Super Wammer
43 minutes ago, hifinutt said:

anyone bothered about bringing back fox hunting ? 

personally i rather like foxes as they come to our garden daily 

The chairman of the Dulverton West Foxhounds Supporters Club told Somerset's County Gazette: "The Tories promised us there would be a vote before the last election and they let us down then. I think this is just a ploy to get farmers and hunting people on side.

"The Hunting Act has never worked and needs to be repealed, nothing is done to control foxes now. It is a case of town people trying to tell country people, who have lived on these lands for generations, what to do."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40085091

IMO, Fox hunting is barbaric. AFAIC, it has nothing to do with keeping down the numbers, and everything to do with having a jolly good romp.

• Upvote 2

Admin

I would. Bloody stupid idea. Hit someone until their brain smashes into their skull enough times to cause swelling and unconsciousness... 

Admin

The fox population does need keeping an eye on i will agree. I don't think that dressing up in red blazers and drinking champagne before one goes out is important. If it needs doing, do it humanely, not for a jolly knees up for the toffs...

11 minutes ago, awkwardbydesign said:

So no understanding of that either, then.

I would be delighted if you could enlighten me as to why beating someone unconscious and causing brain damage is a good idea...

Edited by Cambs12
  • Upvote 1

I suppose you might extend this train of thought to footballers too , who of course have had brain damage from headers

"Dawn Astle, the daughter of former England and West Brom striker Jeff Astle, who died aged 59 suffering from early onset dementia, said it was "obvious that it [his dementia] was linked to his footballing career".

The inquest into his death in 2002 found that repeatedly heading heavy leather footballs had contributed to trauma to his brain."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38971750

As an ex horse rider who lives in a County with lots of hunts I'm in two minds.

I have never ridden with, or supported, the hunt because I don't believe hunting with dogs is an efficient way of controlling foxes.

The local farmers loose many lambs to foxes and they will wipe out chicken roosts given the chance. So they need to be controlled in the same way as no one would accept a rogue dog killing cats or kids.

A pest controller (whether a farmer, homeowner or official) will shoot rogue foxes more efficiently than the hunt but unfortunately only after they have killed their target and have been identified and their runs marked.

IMO poison should never be used as this is a really painful death and kills anything that eats the body.

We don't have rural foxes.

Back to the politics, I don't understand why May brought this up. In a big fox hunting county it is never discussed and an issue that has been put to bed. Why shake the tigers tail?

4 hours ago, awkwardbydesign said:

So no understanding of that either, then.

Smacking the shite out of each other is so noble isn't it? 

Super Wammer

Well one could argue that foxes could choose to just kill to eat, not kill indiscriminately.