Admin

THE HOME HIFI SHOW - HARROGATE 21-22 OCTOBER at THE OLD SWAN HOTEL

I'd like everyone to understand that this is a new type of show which has never been done before, it is a hybrid between a trade show and an enthusiasts show. I am focusing on what I think visitors really want from a hifi show which is direct access to hifi products, whether high-end, mid-range or pre owned and also the knowledge and a better understanding of hifi through our members exhibiting their own systems from home, allowing visitors to bring and play their own genre of music. A show which allows the visitor to know everything there is about home hifi and how to go about engaging with brands, products and the people already passionate about it.

The HOMEHIFI Show encompasses everything to do with home systems and sound around the home. The event will take place in one of the most prestigious hotels in Harrogate THE OLD SWAN. It will be a two day show with set up on the Friday, the hotel is central to Harrogate with restaurants and bars only a few minutes walk. It is a conference town so every weekend is full of life and a great place to bring partners and wives for a weekend away.

Normal prices at the hotel are £140-£165 for a double room inc breakfast per night.

So, for our members, a 2 night exclusive exhibition sleep & show room with breakfast will be £150 in total, we will subsidise the extra night through trade rooms and other sponsorship from advertising to keep the cost at a minimum for you.

There is a car park at the rear of the hotel for approx 70 cars, good access and two lifts.

The date is the same weekend as Windsor Show but that is a completely High-End Trade Show, it is un-intentional and the only weekend that any Hotel in Harrogate was available and not to mention different ends of the country.

We already have most of the trade rooms booked on the ground floor and also some marquees outside. This will be a show for everyone, from DIYers to High-End, forum members to pre-owned equipment and a wide cross section of accessories, vinyl and headphones. The target for visitors will be 2000 over the weekend.

More info will follow in the next few weeks but I just wanted to confirm the dates. Happy to answer any questions.

I will put up the spreadsheet shortly.

Thank you, it will be an amazing weekend.

• Upvote 2

Peter , What is the cost of entry for members of the public , walk around people 

Thanks 

Super Wammer

Not really sure if I want to exhibit for two full days, shall have to give it some thought.

Admin
1 hour ago, ijrussell said:

Why don't you add all new factual information to the first post as well so that people don't have to go trawling through the thread to find the latest details?

Ian people push the pace of the announcements not us . We announced the  show to push forward our commitment which is of course full on . As to logistics and pricing again its people firing questions straight away which ends up in Peter and myself already having to bash our heads together  and make an announcement .I appreciate you can understand this  . When you organise a show it is actually the opposite effect . You plan everything in advance and then the hifi gods conspire to throw the proverbial hand grenade  in the pit  . Shows evolve no matter how well you plan . But i do promise one thing for superwammers exhibiting. Peter and me are determined to try and lower the cost .For superwammers attending as a visitor again Peter and myself are  determined to lower the cost . Members who make a commitment to us we will try and repay that and some .

• Upvote 1

I agree with Ian as last year I had to make some (albeit, not CRUCIAL) changes to my plan for the Scalford weekend because there was conflicting information based on the post at the beginning of various threads being out of date versus what was in the middle of it.

Admin

You can now be sure of all the information in one place, this site is for visitor promotion but all is clear. If any further question then please PM me or Danny

www.thehomehifishow.com

I have also managed to secure room rates of £110 pppn for anyone who wants to come up and stay over. Harrogate is a conference town so there are stacks of great B&B's for less also.

Thanks, just trying to get everything done very quickly. The spreadsheet is already up and available as I need to know how many rooms to reserve for Wammers Exhibition rooms.

There are some bigger rooms on first, second, and third floors and allocated on a first come first served basis.

Admin

It's a company dark and secret. That have invaded the planet and are looking to hypnotise all hifi enthusiasts into coming to Harrogate.

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, HiFiWigwam said:

You can now be sure of all the information in one place, this site is for visitor promotion but all is clear. If any further question then please PM me or Danny

www.thehomehifishow.com

I have also managed to secure room rates of £110 pppn for anyone who wants to come up and stay over. Harrogate is a conference town so there are stacks of great B&B's for less also.

Thanks, just trying to get everything done very quickly. The spreadsheet is already up and available as I need to know how many rooms to reserve for Wammers Exhibition rooms.

There are some bigger rooms on first, second, and third floors and allocated on a first come first served basis.

£110 pppn ?? per room surely, if it is per person there is no way I am paying £110 per person per night to exhibit, (£440 if my wife comes along)

Admin
2 minutes ago, dudywoxer said:

£110 pppn ?? per room surely, if it is per person there is no way I am paying £110 per person per night to exhibit, (£440 if my wife comes along)

Yep typed too fast, per room. Thanks for spotting

Admin

No you don't have to be exhibitor .