No Carroll Shelby signature, is it authentic or replica?
Hold on, just kidding.
:)
Wow that is The Car, all the rest seems a transportation object.
What happened to the white stripes and blue paint?
Silly me never mind, the British racing green is a proper option.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2017 at 14:01, JBCobra said:

Really happy with this now.after lots of maintenance 

IMG_0112.JPG

Looking superb JB!

• Upvote 1

Amused to see a few topless cars today , its f******freezing around here , I just decided not to tax (6 months) mine until May , usually do it April , here's hoping for an Indian Summer :cool:

On 4/19/2017 at 19:10, Bazzer said:

I bought this last year , 17 years old 65k , got it out of hibernation April 1st . I don't use the roof and have fitted a tonneau cover to hide it.

I fitted new Macphearson struts in the winter as they were leaking then got the wheels refurbished.

33300551644_cfb5ec3dde_c.jpg

33758349750_5bf51d2a06_c.jpg

34012751231_dc8a4bd451_c.jpg

33985875812_378de651a5_c.jpg

33300558204_2516b6c10f_c.jpg

How many cylinders?

On 4/19/2017 at 19:51, flak monkey said:

Went out for the first drive of 2017 on Monday. Still mental :)

550hp/500lbft

DSC04674.thumb.JPG.d74123dd4249852a602ae5793f4e8f4a.JPG

Nice.  Jim Rockford!  My father's golfing pal had bought a Firebird Formula 6.6ltr V8 in '82 and I was about to have a driving lesson in a poky little Mini Metro and his friend, a decorator who was wallpapering my bedroom at the time said to Dad, "Take it out for a spin!"   Well, I got into the passenger seat and Dad took to the wheel and took it to the nearby arterial road and blasted up to a ton within what was the quickest time I'd witnessed in my life up to that point.  Upon our return, there was the Noddy car with instructor waiting for me to get into and drive off.  Seemed like walking pace after the Firebird experience!

On 4/21/2017 at 12:18, GJO said:

Up until about 8 years ago,this was our summer car for a decade,it took me 2 years to find a rot free example,it had a full body off restoration,uprated Oselli engine,close ratio gearbox with overdrive on 2nd,3rd and fourth,uprated brakes,cooling and ignition,AC Cobra wire wheels and Connolly leather interior.

It went like shit,but also stopped like shit due to there being nothing available to replace the rear drums,it was great fun to drive but suffered when leaded petrol disappeared,even with octane boosters it would hate poodling around in traffic,but was great on open roads.Still miss it.

GJOcar.jpg

I know this is an old posting but have only just recently joined and I actually own a lovely restored 1969 one of these and am finding the performance in the upper rev range wanting beyond 4,000 rpm.  I don't use it up there but know it should rev freely to beyond 5,000, as did my fully restored 1972 2.5 PI man o/d saloon I'd owned for 12-years before 2000, and I use the only ethanol-free super-unleaded fuel which is by Esso as all the rest are crud, including Shell's super grade which even has the ruinous ethanol in it;  perishes rubber and tank-linings.  Maybe it is the fuel.  Maybe even the super grades don't get the four-star pulling power?  I'm going to get the metering unit checked at KMI and the distributor checked out too.  I'm using the Champion plugs and electronic ignition (not the lame Lumention.  Took that off as it wasn't as good as what's on there now), with Lucas Gold sports coil. 

6 hours ago, britishcomposers said:

How many cylinders?

2.0l 6 cylinder 

3 hours ago, Bazzer said:

2.0l 6 cylinder 

That's good.  Four just doesn't cut it really does it?  They no-longer to two-litre sixes anymore now though do they?  Next thing will be front-wheel drive.  I'm not sure I'd want any of the latest BMW's now as they're so anodyne looking and each series is simply a gestation of another.  The period you have there was their best.  I've owned a 1999 328CI, a 2000 530D and a 2001 540i.  All completely differing performance levels.  All most dependable and rewarding a drive.