Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

Sign in to follow this  
paulf-2007

How to connect laptop to plasma component rca's

I use a laptop to stream Spotify through a dac into my amp but would like to view video from the laptop/internet into the 65" plasma that has component video rca's. At present I have a DVD connected to the plasma with component video and optical audio in to the dac, works fine. What do I need to watch video from the laptop. Don't want any new fangled kit that won't work with component. 

Edited by paulf-2007

Does the laptop or plasma have HDMI ?

You need to let us know what video outputs the laptop has. I would advise searching for a RCA to laptop video connection cable, eg RCA to HDMI.

Plasma does not have hdmi or scart and the reason I said component . HP elite book 2540p has vga out and that's all as far as I know. I'm not looking for the last word in quality just be able to use the plasma to watch whatever I can see on the laptop. You tube etc. 

Edited by paulf-2007

Thanks but some of those have hdmi one end, I remember now that I once tried vga in at the plasma and the picture wasn't full screen and I couldn't make it so. 

That depends on what your computer graphics card can handle and what resolution you have your tv screen set at. My tv can stretch the display to full screen if it gets a low res picture.

Super Wammer
8 hours ago, paulf-2007 said:

Thanks but some of those have hdmi one end, I remember now that I once tried vga in at the plasma and the picture wasn't full screen and I couldn't make it so. 

Did you try adjusting the resolution of the computer display?

Yes.

All of your best with your apt resolutions.

I think so, it was a while ago.