Metatron

Foo Rant - An editorial on the state of Audio

2 hours ago, Blzebub said:

Very amusing thread.

Eventually, when people stop arguing :clout:, and start being more proactive :hug:.

19 hours ago, SergeAuckland said:

Use partially empty bottles. You can tune the effect by adjusting the amount of wine left in the bottle. You start with a full bottle, drink 125ml, then reassess. Another 125ml and another assessment. Keep going until the desired effect is achieved. The problem comes in that if, say, 375ml isn't enough and 500ml is too much, you'll have to finish that bottle and start again with another one.

S

EDIT:- The above applies to red wine. For added sparkle, use Blanquette.

It's early days , but I find 'Sieur d'Arques premier bulle best at the amplifier end, and Salazar better at the speaker end.  Or was it the other way round.

If I'd known tuning a system could be this much fun...

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, jkbmusic said:

Eventually, when people stop arguing :clout:, and start being more proactive :hug:.

The jokes are good, and a dollop of schadenfreude for me on top, with the predictable banning of ex-members.

Edited by jkbmusic
Please don't mention ex-members by name.

15 hours ago, Pinkie said:

It's early days , but I find 'Sieur d'Arques premier bulle best at the amplifier end, and Salazar better at the speaker end.  Or was it the other way round.

Be careful to get it the right way round, otherwise you end up with bulle schidt...:?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Be careful to get it the right way round, otherwise you end up with bulle schidt...:?

I never cared much for German fizz.

S.

4 hours ago, Blzebub said:

The jokes are good, and a dollop of schadenfreude for me on top, with the predictable banning of ex-members.

I have set a new personal best, getting banned from another forum without even posting there.  Quite an achievement I feel :)

We do not discuss other forums here or members elsewhere with no right of reply  .  

1 hour ago, SergeAuckland said:

I never cared much for German fizz.

S.

Too much sibilance...?

I'm glad my twist on the topic (what WAS the topic??) has raised some variety (as in 'Royal Variety Show).

I'd insist that the corks are REAL cork, though some folk might start to insist the plastic ones are better?

Are they good for cable lifters? I'd say so. You can also use them to wrap AROUND cables to deter airborne/world vibration-see Jeff Day site.

Off to Portugal to sample some more on site.

I hope you realise that they don't grow on trees.

;-)

• Upvote 1

On 4/24/2017 at 16:05, jkbmusic said:

They are being proactive in arguning - We may want less arguing and more debate and tolerance :) but hey it is a forum so that is never gonna happen