Sign in to follow this  
rabski

Thanks

Just a short post to say a mssive thanks to all (NSM and everyone else) who happily (or probably not happily, but nevertheless willingly) heaved in to provide some lifting and shifting help yesterday evening. There was one point where Jamie and I were standing in the room and feeling a little lost and somewhat less than overjoyed at the thought of having to heave a seemingly endless selection of boxes, speakers and amps down the stairs and into cars/trailers, etc.

Big up to the Linn lads for weighing in too. No reason for them to, other than a willingness to help. Much appreciated guys.

Super Wammer

Rich, I just posted my thanks on the main Scalford thread but I echo your thoughts completely. I forgot to mention Martin and Jack NSM so apologies to them. No small feat as they had just shoe-horned that massive 15" erm - horn into their car  :dunno:

One memory was helping them set up on Saturday before the bed had been moved and they had to have the horn standing vertically on end. The temptation to punt a basketball into it was overwhelming.

5 minutes ago, batteredhaggis said:

Rich, I just posted my thanks on the main Scalford thread but I echo your thoughts completely. I forgot to mention Martin and Jack NSM so apologies to them. No small feat as they had just shoe-horned that massive 15" erm - horn into their car  :dunno:

One memory was helping them set up on Saturday before the bed had been moved and they had to have the horn standing vertically on end. The temptation to punt a basketball into it was overwhelming.

By that time on the Saturday, most of us could not spell 'punt' without making an unfortunate mistake.

Super Wammer

I could - that very welcome beer you bought me when I arrived lasted four hours thanks to all the humpage :D

• Upvote 1

+1.

Good to finally meet and chat with you properly on the Saturday mate.

Super Wammer

My outstanding memory of the weekend was of you, after totally selfless assembly of countless racks, placement of heavy amps, unpacking of speakers and all the rest - just grabbing a chair, plonking it down smack in the middle of the room and leaning back, ready to rock. Cheers mate!

If you've seen Gromit's photo it absolutely nailed the moment. I didn't even realise he was taking pictures.

Smells Like Teen Spirit sounded pretty good!

Edited by batteredhaggis
  • Upvote 1

I think I might be one of the Linn lads you've mentioned. Not a problem and was very happy to help :^

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Hi Robbie, you guys were amazing - it was the end of a tiring weekend for you too, so you really went the extra mile.

I hope the show was a fitting welcome for you all to the ways of the Wam. I know your presence there was appreciated by many. Come again!

On 3/23/2017 at 14:54, Robbie said:

I think I might be one of the Linn lads you've mentioned. Not a problem and was very happy to help :^

Great stuff Robbie and your mate from Linn. You made a difference.

Jack NSM