JANDL100

FREE AMC 2445 power amp (2 or 4 channel)

Free to a needy home - although a donation to the charity of your choice is always good. :)

COLLECTION ONLY - GL17 Lydbrook, Glos
-- no, I'm not going to Scalford this year :(

AMC 2445 2 or 4 channel power amp.

PWO and very decent condition.

Very much like this except mine is the pretty much identical mk1 ....

http://amchome.com/content/amc-2445a-234-channel-power-amplifiers-45w-x-4

Edited by JANDL100
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Hi Jerry,

I have a friend, also a wammer, who is interested in setting up a quad system.

How would you connect this to a pre-amp?

7 minutes ago, robbie010 said:

Hi Jerry,

I have a friend, also a wammer, who is interested in setting up a quad system.

How would you connect this to a pre-amp?

It's fairly intuitive if you look at the rear panel connections.  The input RCA socket is below the corresponding speaker terminals ...

6268-7.jpg

Edited by JANDL100

Super Wammer

Uuumm, I think I have it.

If using all 4 channels, you would plug the right channel RCA in to the right hand RCA on the right channel side and the left hand RCA in to the right hand RCA on the left channel side.

Right?

All the channels behave the same, I think.

The RCA input corresponds to the speaker sockets above it.  See previous photo.

No, if he were setting up a true quad system, the pre amplifier would have left and right outputs for sets of front and back speakers. If you just want 2 pairs of stereo speakers, you'd need to use RCA splitters. I use a pair of these to take the pre output of my Denon av amplifier and connect to the input for the Zone 2 section to run speakers in my back garden.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-Phono-Stackable-Splitter-Cable/dp/B005JKYGY2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1488884630&sr=8-5&keywords=rca+splitter

Ah, OK - I was assuming that a pukka 4 channel quadraphonic system was intended.

If you want 2 pairs of stereo speakers (or bi-amping to one set of stereo speakers) then you'll either need a pre-amp with 2 sets of stereo outputs (many do have that) or splitters as Craig says.

And if you are setting up a Quadraphonic 4 channel system, you'll need a decoder of some sort that takes the L-R outputs of the preamp and decodes the LF, RF, LB, RB feeds which go into the four channel power amp then on to the four loudspeakers.

I run just such a system, so PM me if you want more info.

S.

Edited by SergeAuckland

Ultimately, you have 4 amplifier channels.  RCA input and loudspeaker output for each one.  You can use them as you wish.

For straight stereo use the bridged configuration as shown on the rear panel, with the 'white shaded' RCA input linked to the two red speaker posts above it..

Super Wammer

Thanks Gents.

I have pointed my friend in your direction, a 4 channel systems outside of my knowledge base but I'll help him out as best I can.

Cheers.

damn wish I was a bit nearer as my power amp has just started playing silly buggers and it will be a while before I can get it sorted 

18 minutes ago, luckysim0n said:

damn wish I was a bit nearer as my power amp has just started playing silly buggers and it will be a while before I can get it sorted 

I can probably find a box for it now if you can pay postage. Less than a tenner with Hermes should do it. 

I'll check for a box over the weekend. 

thats good of you I can do that np and once i get round to getting mine sorted I can re spirit it

OK. No worries, Simon.

PM me your full name and address and I'll keep you posted. :)