HiFiWigwam

SCALFORD PARK & RIDE UPDATE

1 minute ago, ijrussell said:

Read the first post in this thread as it's all there.

"At the entrance to the show (Scalford Pavilion) there will be a charge of £5 for the Park&Ride and a Show Guide, inside the show guide there will be your return ticket to the car park at the end of the day. So just get on the bus and get your return ticket at the show."

thank you for quoting something I had already read most kind you.  But I believe that detailed analysis will show - it is not all there.

The notion of "Park & Ride" uses the ampersand or AND operator, which by implication means there are two operands "Park" and "Ride".  It is possible that each operand may be available separately, and given the total charge for both, that each individual service might be available on their own to purchase.  Although logically with a AND operator this shouldn't be possible but it might be.  Hence my question "may I ride?".  In fact there might be a regulation implied by the use of the AND operator that you can ONLY Park AND Ride, meaning that I would not just be able to ride without parking.  After all the service is not named "Park OR Ride" is it.  I don't think my specific question is covered in the statement you kindly quoted.

Interestingly, if you look carefully at the statement you quoted, it is intended that an exchange of monies for a service is expected,  As you are fully aware (or may be you are not), an exchange of monies may be facilitated by various means including cash (in Sterling I presume), Credit Card, Debit Card, Cheque, Postal Order, PayPal, Touch, IOU, and Bartering (for say a sack of pop corn) etc.....since I rarely carry cash pretty much never actually, I thought it important to prepare my self for the event of a "ride" and paying for the service.  It would be most embarrassing not to be in a position to pay for the service using the expected means.  Hence my question about acceptable forms of payment.  I think as per the earlier point, you will find that the type of payment expected is not covered in the statement you kindly quoted.

6 minutes ago, gintonic said:

thank you for quoting something I had already read most kind you.  But I believe that detailed analysis will show - it is not all there.

The notion of "Park & Ride" uses the ampersand or AND operator, which by implication means there are two operands "Park" and "Ride".  It is possible that each operand may be available separately, and given the total charge for both, that each individual service might be available on their own to purchase.  Although logically with a AND operator this shouldn't be possible but it might be.  Hence my question "may I ride?".  In fact there might be a regulation implied by the use of the AND operator that you can ONLY Park AND Ride, meaning that I would not just be able to ride without parking.  After all the service is not named "Park OR Ride" is it.  I don't think my specific question is covered in the statement you kindly quoted.

Interestingly, if you look carefully at the statement you quoted, it is intended that an exchange of monies for a service is expected,  As you are fully aware (or may be you are not), an exchange of monies may be facilitated by various means including cash (in Sterling I presume), Credit Card, Debit Card, Cheque, Postal Order, PayPal, Touch, IOU, and Bartering (for say a sack of pop corn) etc.....since I rarely carry cash pretty much never actually, I thought it important to prepare my self for the event of a "ride" and paying for the service.  It would be most embarrassing not to be in a position to pay for the service using the expected means.  Hence my question about acceptable forms of payment.  I think as per the earlier point, you will find that the type of payment expected is not covered in the statement you kindly quoted.

I didn't mean to offend Simon.

Since the payment is to made at the venue on arrival via the Park & Ride and there is no mention of a parking charge at the car park, I'm assuming that the charge is for the Ride part of the package and that 1 - parking at the car park is free and 2 - you do not need to park a car in the car park to use the Ride part of the service as you may, for example, have travelled by train or be staying at another hotel.

You are correct that no mention is made of payment methods but I think that you can safely assume that they will be Sterling cash only for the entry fee and Park & Ride.

11 minutes ago, gintonic said:

Good points, well made.

However you've obviously been overdoing it in your patronage of Michelin starred restaurants. These establishments offer a dish that is "deconstructed" eg  Deconstructed Passion Fruit Cheese Cake. You get a floor tile with a pile of crushed digestives, Passion Fruit, sauce, cheesy stuff etc and stump up 25 quid for the pleasure.

We're plain folk in Melton so a deconstructed Park & Ride is beyond our understanding. So pretend its like back in the day where you get on a bus, it takes you there and fetches you back. Cant run to onboard "Clippies" (Sunday double time) so you pays money, dosh, coinage, whatever at Scalford. Weird I know, but its that kind of a place so a deconstructed Park and (&) Ride system is just so much pretentious bollox to us.

But thanks for your concern :D

3 minutes ago, ijrussell said:

didn't mean to offend Simon.

Since the payment is to made at the venue on arrival via the Park & Ride and there is no mention of a parking charge at the car park, I'm assuming that the charge is for the Ride part of the package and that 1 - parking at the car park is free and 2 - you do not need to park a car in the car park to use the Ride part of the service as you may, for example, have travelled by train or be staying at another hotel.

You are correct that no mention is made of payment methods but I think that you can safely assume that they will be Sterling cash only for the entry fee and Park & Ride.

note, I didn't mention that any offence was taken, and I can assure you none was taken......they were genuine questions, albeit embellished somewhat.

3 minutes ago, barneys dad said:

Good points, well made.

However you've obviously been overdoing it in your patronage of Michelin starred restaurants. These establishments offer a dish that is "deconstructed" eg  Deconstructed Passion Fruit Cheese Cake. You get a floor tile with a pile of crushed digestives, Passion Fruit, sauce, cheesy stuff etc and stump up 25 quid for the pleasure.

We're plain folk in Melton so a deconstructed Park & Ride is beyond our understanding. So pretend its like back in the day where you get on a bus, it takes you there and fetches you back. Cant run to onboard "Clippies" (Sunday double time) so you pays money, dosh, coinage, whatever at Scalford. Weird I know, but its that kind of a place so a deconstructed Park and (&) Ride system is just so much pretentious bollox to us.

But thanks for your concern :D

damned I was expecting some foam and puree

Hot off the press Park & Ride info...

First bus is 9.30am

All day back and forth

7 minute journey, 10 mins frequency

6 or 6.30 last bus.

Image result for old vintage bus

29 minutes ago, barneys dad said:

Hot off the press Park & Ride info...

First bus is 9.30am

All day back and forth

7 minute journey, 10 mins frequency

6 or 6.30 last bus.

Image result for old vintage bus

even if I squint I can't quite make out the first class seats, perhaps they are hidden for privacy purposes.........

Hmmmm how long is the walk from Sysonby Knoll (after one of their breakfasts)............

Antique bus rides for £5.......yes please.......xD

I am bringing four goats with me......do you have any Peruvian Jarava ichu Wild Grass available for them to eat in the car park? I realize that Melton is a little behind the times in the Peruvian Grass stakes but there may have been advances since we last visited. The goats will be disappointed if all you can offer is Argentinian Bahiagrass.

I believe that 25 Peruvian Sol's are a reasonable rate. B|

5 minutes ago, George 47 said:

Antique bus rides for £5.......yes please.......xD

I am bringing four goats with me......do you have any Peruvian Jarava ichu Wild Grass available for them to eat in the car park? I realize that Melton is a little behind the times in the Peruvian Grass stakes but there may have been advances since we last visited. The goats will be disappointed if all you can offer is Argentinian Bahiagrass.

I believe that 25 Peruvian Sol's are a reasonable rate. B|

Now you're talking. We understand livestock in Melton, hence its choice for the Wam Show.

Image result for melton cattle market

With the new trade section we may get some Baaaargains :)

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, barneys dad said:
53 minutes ago, George 47 said:

Now you're talking. We understand livestock in Melton, hence its choice for the Wam Show.

Thought the Wam was more fatstock...

37 minutes ago, Audio Al said:

Ewe cannot be serious!

1-Bentley-GTC-main-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv

All moderators arriving on the day in the car park . If you just wait at your car and text the special code . Your lift to the show will be there in a minute and run you to and from the show any time you would like :^

10 minutes ago, Duvet said:

All moderators arriving on the day in the car park . If you just wait at your car and text the special code . Your lift to the show will be there in a minute and run you to and from the show any time you would like :^

Bugger.....can I be a mod again please?

58 minutes ago, Audio Al said:

Stop bleating.

1 minute ago, freefallrob said:

Bugger.....can I be a mod again please?

Sorry they have given it to a far more deserving guy....B|

39 minutes ago, Duvet said:

In answer to your question about the Mod's Rider, I'll have the Bolly 

Edited by Guest