The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Super Wammer

Top to bottom....

Sitting on the desktop:

1. (just visible under its perspex cover) Michell Orbe SE (twin arms version) on a Corian base

2. Aesthetix Rhea Phono Stage, which has been upgraded to Signature status.

IMG_1251 2.jpg

Edited by Bazzer

Another Rhea owner here. Absolutely love mine but I would be interested to hear you thoughts on what the improvements were following the Sig upgrade or was it already upgraded when you bought it?

Super Wammer

The difference in sound immediately after the change was a very simple unveiling and opening up of both the soundstage and the frequency extremes, with a much smoother sound overall but a much greater feeling of the performer being in front of you, rather than it being a recording. It then continued to open up slowly for weeks afterwards.

PM sent with more detail.

by Owners club is the title supposed to be Aesthetix (owners of anything produced by Aesthetix) ?

Super Wammer

Sorry, didn't consider that when I started it! Go ahead....I'll ask those in charge to see if they can change the title....

5 minutes ago, vintageaxeman said:

Sorry, didn't consider that when I started it! Go ahead....I'll ask those in charge to see if they can change the title....

Get rid of the Rhea bit ?

Sorted :^

Would be ideal, I'd love to hear how others are getting along with Aesthetix hifi kit all under one thread, Ive heard nothing but very positive things about this company. Would like to know the opinions of fellow wammers that own them

Edited by TheMusicalDon

Super Wammer

Thanks, Bazzer. That sorted it beautifully. Cheers.

Super Wammer

Does anyone own the Atlas power amp? Reviews are very good but I'd be interested in hearing from past or current (or even future!) owners, particularly what they had before/compared it against and the sort of music they enjoy. Obviously I know I'd need to hear one with my own ears; think of this question as a bit of sonic foreplay.

Posted (edited)

@myrman has one plus the pre, CD player and DAC. They replaced a Karan pre/power. 

I’ve heard his system and it sounds wonderful to my ears.

Edited by ian917

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheFlash said:

Does anyone own the Atlas power amp? Reviews are very good but I'd be interested in hearing from past or current (or even future!) owners, particularly what they had before/compared it against and the sort of music they enjoy. Obviously I know I'd need to hear one with my own ears; think of this question as a bit of sonic foreplay.

Hi Nigel

The Atlas is a great amp. I have the Signature version but I couldn't comment on how much better it is than the standard model as I haven't compared the two. As Ian says I had Karan previously and Modwright before that. I have also had Ayre and Moon power amps recently too. I have a reasonably broad taste in music although classical rarely gets played. You are welcome to come and have a listen. Just PM me and we can sort something out.

Edited by myrman
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, myrman said:

Hi Nigel

The Atlas is a great amp. I have the Signature version but I couldn't comment on how much better it is than the standard model as I haven't compared the two. As Ian says I had Karan previously and Modwright before that. I have also had Ayre and Moon power amps recently too. I have a reasonably broad taste in music although classical rarely gets played. You are welcome to come and have a listen. Just PM me and we can sort something out.

Ooh err, what a wonderful invitation. Will PM. Thank you sir. :notworthy: