Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

yaba

WANTED Looking for a complete hi fi system near coventry

Recommended Posts

Looking for a complete hi fi system near coventry

cd turntable amp speakers tuner tape?? full system wanted 

up to around £1500 for a 2nd system in bedroom 

also have a quad 909 and 99-2 cd + 99 tuner + pre  i can px in also all like new boxed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't take the p--- but have you considered Sonos? I have been using a stereo pair of Play 1 in the bedroom at the weekend whilst decorating and found myself thinking it was a pretty credible sound. Only thing it gives way on compared to my main system are perhaps  natural timbre in vocals/highs, which at normal listening levels for a bedroom is no great loss.

I expected to be underwhelmed and had my hifi snob button at the ready, but a really enjoyable and simple system.

2 x Play5 is supposed to be very good too.

Oh, and I am not a Sonos rep:)

Edited by Spen ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, yaba said:

Looking for a complete hi fi system near coventry

cd turntable amp speakers tuner tape?? full system wanted 

up to around £1500 for a 2nd system in bedroom 

also have a quad 909 and 99-2 cd + 99 tuner + pre  i can px in also all like new boxed 

What's wrong with the quad setup? That's great kit..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

I have the following, complete system:

Cambridge Audio SR10 Receiver and CD10 CDP.

Both as new condition, bought in May 2016 and maximum 20 hours use since then. 

Manticore Mantra TT (serviced + new belt Aug 16)

With RB300 arm (upgraded in Aug 16 with latest spec Rega wiring + Michel techno weight)

Currently fitted with a Nagaoka MP500 

Amp_King modified CA 551P MM phonostage with custom built PSU (though SR10 has a basic inbuilt MM stage)

ARCAM IrDAC

Warfedale diamond 9.1s (Bought Oct 16) and Target stands.

Would do say £1100 complete.

(SR10, CD10, Irdac & 9.1s have original boxes manuals etc)

I could also deliver, as go to Birmingham (B33) once a month. Infact am coming up Thursday this week.

Edited by Lurch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
2 hours ago, atomic606 said:

What's wrong with the quad setup? That's great kit..

I'd have to agree.

It's not really clear what you're looking for. If it's a simple 'plug and play' second system, then a mass of separates doesn't make sense. On the other hand, if you're happy with lots of boxes, then why not keep the Quad and just buy some decent small speakers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get a Meridian F80 and be done with it. Keep vinyl in the bedroom for other purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2017 at 22:42, rabski said:

I'd have to agree.

It's not really clear what you're looking for. If it's a simple 'plug and play' second system, then a mass of separates doesn't make sense. On the other hand, if you're happy with lots of boxes, then why not keep the Quad and just buy some decent small speakers?

If we all just made do with the kit we have lying around that's perfectly ok this market wouldn't exist.   Nowt wrong with changing the system, first or second, around for a bit of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
20 minutes ago, Lawrence001 said:

If we all just made do with the kit we have lying around that's perfectly ok this market wouldn't exist.   Nowt wrong with changing the system, first or second, around for a bit of fun.

Equally, it's daft to swap something perfectly good for something potentially worse just for the sake of it.

If it's a second system, then the 'all in one' route makes sense. If you aren't bothered with that, then kicking out the Quad stuff seems silly, when with a couple of hundred quid spent on speakers it would make a first system for a lot of people.

No objection to swapping and changing, it's just that I don't see the point if you've got something really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
30 minutes ago, rabski said:

Equally, it's daft to swap something perfectly good for something potentially worse just for the sake of it.

If it's a second system, then the 'all in one' route makes sense. If you aren't bothered with that, then kicking out the Quad stuff seems silly, when with a couple of hundred quid spent on speakers it would make a first system for a lot of people.

No objection to swapping and changing, it's just that I don't see the point if you've got something really good .

Maybe that's the point. It's too good for the location and the use it gets.

A few tunes whilst getting ready to go out / reading in bed late at night, something to listen to for an hour whilst the missus is watching some piece of shite on TV in the main room or maybe for offspring to abuse whilst playing their tuneless jungle music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but in this case the OP wants to upgrade his bedroom system and is offering the quad as PX. If he wants something better that's entirely up to him!  Maybe he does as much serious  listening there in the evening as in his main system who knows?  I use my best headphones lying down in the bedroom it helps me relax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.