atomic606

FREE Quad 606 mk 2

Got a quad 606 mk 2 it's got a bit of sentimental value so want it to go the the right home, available in about a weeks time collection only.

( needs a fuse holder, still available I believe . God knows what I did with it but used to run it without one ok) 

• Upvote 1

Bloody hell mate, you've got a whole used hifi shop in your loft. Can't believe how much great (and valuable) gear you're just giving away! Amazing!!

Super Wammer

I'll drop you a pm Thomas

Lol 

i never get round to sorting things like fuse holders tweeter etc and loath packing things and posting them so stuff just gets left.. It's a bit wrong because loads of enthusiasts would enjoy these things so why horde it when folk can be enjoying it..  The wam still has a core membership of hifi enthusiasts, I hope anything that gets given away , once it's time to move it on again gets re listed here at ' the spirit of the wam' the value of this area far exceeds the few hundred pounds one might get for the items listed. ( imo) 

thats my dream :D

• Upvote 8

It's a decent amp, not used that much. Last time I used it I had it in a 5.1 system driving my rear speakers ... Rambo never sounded so good :D 

before that my whole quad system 67cdp  pre and 606 mk2 represented my first voyage into hifi, my step dad ( now passed on) sourced it for me ( I payed £3k I think) and it came with a pair of neat speakers ( gave them away few years ago) . Damn fine those neats were too! I set them up head to head vs a freinds proac d15's on the end of his naim kit ( linn front end ) and the neats were a triumph. 

Ex GF has the pre and my old proac D1's ( though she happily listens to her Amazon echo.. Note to self don't give hifi to women they mostly prefer conceivance over SQ) 

so that's the story ( thought provenance might add some value :D)

48 minutes ago, MF 1000 said:

I'll drop you a pm Thomas

Ok, I'd be delighted if you had it.. 

Edited by atomic606
Missing letters as per usual

Super Wammer

Hi Thomas

ill be in your area on the evening of weds 20th April if you are free and have mananged to get hold of the amp etc

i can also collect the speakers for Bob (itscosthowmuch)