Faig

BEST BUY Hydraulic Transcriptor (Museum Qualitity)

I can only relate this turntable like a guy who bought an original Ford Anglia from the factory and put it away - but continued to maintain it!

An absolute original kept in the best condition; with extras.

Definitely worth the flight to have it on your knee!

I am reducing my 40yr collection.

Stephen

Edited by Testure
Not allowed to link to ebay

Hi Stephen,

You are not allowed to link to ebay

Please can you list the price and locaton.

Many thanks and good luck with the sale

Testy

Mod Team

Sorry for my unauthorized link. I realize that the forum has made changes... I should have kept up with them.

I hope no-one minds if I present my ad in this manner:-

"Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference Turntable"

Manufactured in 1971 by JA Michell Engineering Ltd, England

As seen in the film " Clockwork Orange "

"This unit is complete, in every way. It is in beautiful working condition and comes with many extras.

I am the second owner of this incredible "Transcriptor"; Having bought it in England from the family of the original owner in 2004. On the day I acquired it I took it directly to the original manufacturer; JA Michell in England for a service.

I received it back from Michell Ltd with a fresh bottle of oil for the trough and a replaced bubble leveller. I have never used the turntable during my ownership of 12 years! I am a private collector of HiFi and this Hydraulic Reference has only been on display, as an ornament, in my home ... never played! 

You will see from the photos that I am including: -

1. Complete set of the original "Transcriptor" scales with instructions. (Even the tweezers were Made by 'Wilkinson Sword')

2. The bottle of oil from Michell, for use in the trough.

3. Two new drive belts from Michael Gammon.

4. CD containing pdfs of manufacturer's instructions and plans.

5. "Transcriptor" Acrylic platter with damping ring, supplied by SRM Tech, England. (This was purchased as an optional extra).

6. A binder containing comprehensive set-up and use instructions.

7. A bill of receipt showing service by Michell Engineering Ltd.

8. Protractor Template for mounting all "Transcriptor" Arms.

This must be one of the best examples out there. Whoever buys will not be disappointed .

Michell Engineering Ltd still exists and continues to service and supply parts. As does the Gammon family; http://www.transcriptorslimited.com/ 

I really do not wish to post/courier this item. I would never forgive myself if Something Happened. I prefer collection. However, I can help by personally transporting to within a couple of hundred kilometers (for a nominal fee) or if you wish you may set-up your own courier to collect from 'Rupit i Pruit', Barcelona 08569.

I am situated approx 90mins from both Girona and Barcelona airports. [Incidentally, when I moved to Spain I transported this on my passenger seat....wife had to sit in the back:-)  ]

PS There is no cartridge / stylus included.

"

The price: €2100 which is roughly equivalent to 1832 GBP today (15/1/17) The price is negotiable if I have belief in a real sale.

It may help to realize that I have a desire for a great Tom Evans Linear A amp.

Stephen

IMG_3245.jpg

IMG_3250003.jpg

IMG_3251004.jpg

IMG_3253005.jpg

IMG_3254006.jpg

IMG_3255007.jpg

IMG_3257008.jpg

IMG_3258009.jpg

IMG_3259010.jpg

IMG_3260001.jpg

IMG_3262002.jpg

Edited by Faig
To underline paragraph beginning.
  • Upvote 1

I have made some inquiries with Spanish courier companies and the feedback I am getting suggests that if I pack it very well then they will ship it.

I am considering building a small crate of some construction; yet I believe it is still best to fly on one's knee ! :-)

Ooooohhhh the lengths we audiophiles go to.........

Still unique, still pristine, still for sale.

It's almost believable that Senior Gammon knew the coming of Planet X. [Nibiru]

When the Nibiru planet comes close to our planet Earth this year (2017) the Transcriptor will activate itself (magnetive switch) and play pleasant music during your demise! Much like the last minutes of the Titanic film & 2001 film.

What a positive way to go:-)  No other record deck can give you this guarantee:-)

Apart from that, I will make sure it is dust free!

Stephen