flak monkey

Finally got a delivery date for my new car!

Super Wammer

Well it looks like it's not coming tomorrow and I can't get a straight answer out of the leasing company. Rather annoyed about it to be honest, as I've been waiting bloody ages for it :(

Super Wammer

I'll be p*ssed off if they try and increase the monthly rentals as well if it arrives after 1st April - as it's in the £800 first year bracket.

Tax is included in the lease, but they have a get out clause about increasing the monthly rate if the tax rate changes. I've already raised this with them as a potential issue.

Tax is a new issue for post April registered cars with some big cars going to £2,000 for the first year.

I'll stick with my little Civic Type R and its 309 BHP. It has a very sedate outlook xD, There is a 340/50 BHP new model on the way,

Let 's see if the Beamer can beat the Type Rs 7:50.63 round our favourite German track....

That's a very good deal on the lease! I was paying £399 a month when I had my M135i a few years ago (auto with pro-Nav but that was about it).

Be careful in the wet!  That back end can snap out with VERY little warning... 

IMG_2821.JPG

Super Wammer
4 hours ago, Jezzer said:

That's a very good deal on the lease! I was paying £399 a month when I had my M135i a few years ago (auto with pro-Nav but that was about it).

Be careful in the wet!  That back end can snap out with VERY little warning... 

IMG_2821.JPG

Yes there were some crazy good deals on them late last year when they first came out. Up around £350 now.

I turned all of the driver aids off on my test drive, think the sales guy nearly had a heart attack... xDxD 

You can spec the car with with Bridgestone run flats or Michelin Super Pilot Sports.  I think I know which ones you'll be going for! 

Super Wammer
29 minutes ago, Jezzer said:

You can spec the car with with Bridgestone run flats or Michelin Super Pilot Sports.  I think I know which ones you'll be going for! 

yes, I have specced MPSS's

Metallic black, black leather, advanced audio, standard tyres. Everything else like business nav comes as standard now.

I've probably missed any update but shouldn't you have the car by now?

A colleague recently picked up an M240i which he loves but treats with great respect in the wet...

Super Wammer

It should have been delivered on the 1st.... now being delivered on the 9th... I know it has a reg number now...

Super Wammer

Finally arrived...!

IMAG3118.thumb.jpg.9905be8b516fc9e2ebb79c00debacb3b.jpg

IMAG3119.thumb.jpg.d96ffb35639da5b26af4c638ac18ab25.jpg

• Upvote 4

Super Wammer

Nice :cool:

36 minutes ago, greybeard said:

+1 , I knew you'd get black :rockin:

Super Wammer
4 hours ago, greybeard said:

Thanks - driven a massive 40 miles today.... lol. Came home from work to collect it, then went straight back again, so not really had much of a play yet. Off to drop some bike bits in to be airbrushed tomorrow, so that will give it a run :)

4 hours ago, Bazzer said:

+1 , I knew you'd get black :rockin:

Black everything! Metallic black paint, black leather, carpets, headliner, the lot.... :) nightmare to keep clean, but it's the only colour really....

It smells like new leather inside, and goes like stink.... so yeah, I'm pleased at the mo, and worth the wait....

• Upvote 1