atomic606

FREE
Proac d15

50 posts in this topic

Super Wammer
17 minutes ago, craigmclellan said:

There's a discussion thread where Rick says he is happy if people have been long standing members/donated previously to take items from the Wam, so long as they do plan to donate something themselves.

Seems fair enough to me.

Also worth noting that the speakers took six weeks to find a new owner - not exactly a mad scramble was it?

Anyway, top wamming. I hope their new owner enjoys them.

I got a avalanche of crap in this thread, mainly due to me trying to stick to ' the spirit of the wam' , it got moderated out and I remained passive through it all..

the speakers were here for a good while free and available to anyone who could pick them up, they stuck around for weeks and I eventually accepted the best candidate to have them.. No one fitted the rules strictly speaking , but I'm happy the guy who ended up with them will enjoy them. 

Id recommend making this area invisible to non paid up wammers, that would sort out all the confusion and frankly the bitching and moaning that's plagued this thread from day one. 

Edited by atomic606

Super Wammer

Only problem with closing the spirit to non-paid wammers is that non-paid up wammers still may want to donate. 

Fair play to you though, a very generous gesture and one that you shouldn't be castigated for.

Fair play to Thomas, he helped a friend out though we did get them down from the loft, and my friend bought the driver needed.

It was good to meet another hi-fi nut though we didn't get to hear his system as we were low on time. Another day I'm sure as it he has a proper hi-fi cave!

In response to suggestions that the spirit should only be open to paid up wammers,, this year i haven't paid any subs though previously was a paid up member since joining, giving to the spirit various bits and pieces as well as contributing, I'm keen to see where the newer owner takes the place before i commit to subs again. Some things are not easily forgotten but can be repaired over time.

John

Admin

Closing this now. An incredibly generous offer by the OP.