JamPal

What are you reading?

HiFiWigWam wrote:

Am reading Paul Auster - New York Trilogy.

:shock: Seriously forking ghood read, in fact it has been a very long time since I have enjoyed a book this much. Stunning. will be on Amazxon buying up everything I can find by this fella.

Lawks!

I gave up halfway through - I just found it incredibly annoying..

But then I've just enjoyed all 968 pages of Patrick F. Hamilton's "Pandora's Planet".. Until I discovered right at the end, when the aliens still hadn't been sorted by the "good" guys, that there's another similarly sized volume!

Guest murray johnson

I loved NY Trilogy. One of few books that really stay with you for a good while afterwards.

glenda wrote:

Reading Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey - suggested by Amazon as they have obviously pigeon holed me as a miserable bastard based exclusively on my purchase of a Morrissey record 18 months ago. It's a season in the wilderness written by a park ranger in Utah - it's an anti technology and car rant - very readable.

Listening to Sigur Ros on vinyl (so Amazon were right ) - (10% convinced at the wrong speed)and have just been pipped on a Well Tempered Classic Record deck on e bay.

Feck! Arse!

Glenda,, if you enjoyed Desert Solitaire, then you must read The Monkey Wrench Gang.

It's by far his best work.. IMHOP.

Geo

TigerTiger wrote:

Glenda,, if you enjoyed Desert Solitaire, then you must read The Monkey Wrench Gang.

Geo

TT,

duly purchased today and trying to resist starting it as I'm crawling through "Moby Dick" at the moment ( no tittering at the back please) - struggling a bit as I am a slow reader and I keep thinking of the Simpsoms episode where Marge writes a whaling novel and Homer chimes in with "mmm...blowhole" ( my favourite Simpsons line)

Will let you know how I get on

Glenda

glenda wrote:

TigerTiger wrote:

Geo

TT,

duly purchased today and trying to resist starting it as I'm crawling through "Moby Dick" at the moment ( no tittering at the back please) - struggling a bit as I am a slow reader and I keep thinking of the Simpsoms episode where Marge writes a whaling novel and Homer chimes in with "mmm...blowhole" ( my favourite Simpsons line)

Will let you know how I get on

Glenda

Let me know know you get on.. read it once year myself...:dunno:

I have just read "This book will change your life"

this_book_PB_with_sticker1.jpg

I finished it in 2 days, I am not a fast reader. So that tells you how much I enjoyed it.

Guest 155

Currently reading 'Orlando Furioso' Ariosto, 'Ideology' Terry Eagleton and 'Don Quixote' by Cervantes.

155:)

I have been reading some pulp from Frederick forsyth. Called the Afgahn, you can gusess what its about, and you can probably guess how it goes. No less of a fun page turner for it though.:^

Just started reading.....

Hands of stone: The Life and legend of Roberto Duran

Guest purplepleaser

The Complete Guide to Night and Low-Light Photography, a Christmas present from my womanfriend:cool: