Sign in to follow this  
Blackmetalboon

FREE Arcam DV88 DVD Player - Slightly faulty

As I have invoked the "One in, One out" clause on my girlfriend when it comes to shoes and handbags I thought I'd better clear some space before she retaliates with the same clause on me with hifi and AV gear. Rather than shove it on an internet auction site for 99p I'd thought I see if there are any takers here.

So, one Arcam DV88 and remote (batteries not included) in silver, with a slightly temperamental attitude, looking for a new home. I can't justify the cost of repair due to technology moving on and an impending purchase of a new Blu-ray player.

The faults;

• Every now and then it decides to switch itself off, this can vary from a couple of times during a film to weeks/months without a glitch.
  • The DVD player hums a bit, it can be noticeable during very quiet moments of a film.

This was a £900 DVD player back in the day and did a decent job as both DVD & CD player. I've owned this from new (2001) and has been cared for rather better than the houseplant behind it.

• Scart, component & S-Video outputs
  • Optical and coax digital audio outputs
  • 2x stereo analogue outputs

I don't have any packaging for it so it's collection only from Brighton, East Sussex.

Edited by Blackmetalboon
  • Upvote 1

oh er, yes plllleeeease. I'm in Brighton, in kemp Town (or camptown as the locals call it). I am dying to try a different cd player sound - the cheap Cambridge I have is a bit annoying.

I'll PM you.

Sign in to follow this