HiFiWigwam

SCALFORD ANNOUNCEMENT PLUS SPREADSHEET

Admin
5 minutes ago, unclepuncle said:

What is the situation with parking on the Saturday night - is there going to be space in the car park for say 50-100 non-exhibitors to attend?

Absolutely, I've arranged for the whole back car park to be available.

Admin
4 minutes ago, gintonic said:

I agree, this part has always been a big draw to us (along with Pork Pies....anyone mentioned the pies yet?) - the chance to see and hear some of the maddest systems around.

Shit 'The Pies' .......did anyone really think we would forget them? Tastier than ever, whose in the chair with the pies then?

And hearing some of the maddest Wammers around.......sorry should that have been systems!!!

6 hours ago, ijrussell said:

Thank you for your carefully considered response. Despite having not met me, you seem to be happy to make negative judgements about me, my character and my motivations rather than try to understand/resolve the valid issues I have raised. I have been an active member of the Wam both online and off for the last 2.5 years. Not long I know but in that time I have regularly welcomed strangers into my home for bakeoffs, attended bakeoffs held by others, lent out a lot of kit, bought and sold kit, offered and taken advice and given freely to the Spirit of the Wam; in short, I'm the type of person you should be encouraging to be a Wammer.

In defence of Ian,..I have met him,been to his Bakeoffs  and known him for around 2years now.He makes sense in just about most topics that have been debated on here  and other places ,in fact he would have been a perfect mod for you ...

Edited by Mickyricky
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago,  Duvet said: 

Stop being paranoid then . If Peter spent a year on one announcement some of you would still find fault . What other name apart from visitors do you want on Sunday then? . The main announcements have always made it clear we want as many people as possible to come for  Saturday night and to have fun . But if you want to come along sit in the corner with a face like thunder and not have a good time fill yer boots 

Thank you for your carefully considered response. Despite having not met me, you seem to be happy to make negative judgements about me, my character and my motivations rather than try to understand/resolve the valid issues I have raised. I have been an active member of the Wam both online and off for the last 2.5 years. Not long I know but in that time I have regularly welcomed strangers into my home for bakeoffs, attended bakeoffs held by others, lent out a lot of kit, bought and sold kit, offered and taken advice and given freely to the Spirit of the Wam; in short, I'm the type of person you should be encouraging to be a Wammer.

Spot on, Go Go Ian.  :^  Maybe an apology from Duvet for his personal knee jerk comment reaction would work ?

Edited by Hap Hazzard
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the vote of confidence gents. :D

I will make no further comments on the subject of Scalford.

27 minutes ago, Mickyricky said:
6 hours ago, ijrussell said:

In defence of Ian,..I have met him,been to his Bakeoffs  and known him for around 2years now.He makes sense in just about most topics that have been debated on here  and other places ,in fact he would have been a perfect mod for you ...

Indeed. Ian raised genuine concerns which are felt by many. The reaction was unfortunate, to say the least.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, MCRU said:

This is oh so funny, a load of big babies. My cousin teaches 8 year olds, reading most of these posts it reads like its a classroom full of infants with moderators as teachers.

As a dealer are you supposed to comment here? If you said that about my comment, I would definitely make it my mission not to buy off you.

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, ijrussell said:

57 minutes ago, ijrussell said:

No, don't back off. I have found nothing contentious in any of your posts and agree with a lot of what you have said.

I've been to the last 2 shows, and intend to go this year, and really want this to work. But it needs to keep the spirit of what made Scalford and not suppress discussion.

33 minutes ago, It Cost How Much!?! said:

As a dealer are you supposed to comment here? If you said that about my comment, I would definitely make it my mission not to buy off you.

I must admit, the thought crossed my mind, but then remembered it was always an extremely unlikely event anyway.

This forum has  no censure or suppression of views its what makes us different . If you want to discuss openly in the thread what you feel then i will reply in the thread . Are we not all allowed that right . There is a difference of opinion . Good it's what makes the world go round . My reply was definitely not a  knee jerk reaction i have been here 11 yrs and know the difference . it was also not a character assassination of Ian in any way . I dont do that sort of thing . The you quote was plural . The only question i asked was what would you rather we name visitors as the comment seemed odd to me . Anyone that knows me will tell you that i take none of this personally and if you are at Scalford there's a good chance i'm at the bar always happy to say hello and buy you a drink . You ( plural) are all passionate in your replies and we are just as passionate to make this the best Scalford yet . If you want i could go back to thread announcements over the last 8 or 9 yrs and find the same circular arguments we are having now . Maybe different subjects but just as passionately debated . I have been involved in bakeoffs , kit loans , received countless advice and would never have the system i have now if it was not for this forum . I've made countless friends from all walks of life . i have watched Rabksi at 1.00 am on the morning of the show  and lost money that he would actually make the Sunday in any way  he was so pissed . 

I am asking you to trust Peter and me  and the rest of the team to make this an event which afterwards you will say was fantastic fun, a great weekend . The chance turn up and put a face to the many great characters that inhabit this place . It was actually me that coined the phrase " Its only a bloody stereo "

Duvet 

PS Can i have my glass of red now . Dads rock just doesn't seem good without one 

May I ask a two questions  ?

Has Peter been to a Scalford Event and has he got a hifi kit?

• Upvote 1

Apologies if this question has already been asked Danny:

Will rooms be available for non-exhibitors on Saturday night?

On 08/11/2016 at 21:10, Duvet said:

This forum has  no censure or suppression of views its what makes us different . If you want to discuss openly in the thread what you feel then i will reply in the thread . Are we not all allowed that right . There is a difference of opinion . Good it's what makes the world go round . My reply was definitely not a  knee jerk reaction i have been here 11 yrs and know the difference . it was also not a character assassination of Ian in any way . I dont do that sort of thing . The you quote was plural . The only question i asked was what would you rather we name visitors as the comment seemed odd to me . Anyone that knows me will tell you that i take none of this personally and if you are at Scalford there's a good chance i'm at the bar always happy to say hello and buy you a drink . You ( plural) are all passionate in your replies and we are just as passionate to make this the best Scalford yet . If you want i could go back to thread announcements over the last 8 or 9 yrs and find the same circular arguments we are having now . Maybe different subjects but just as passionately debated . I have been involved in bakeoffs , kit loans , received countless advice and would never have the system i have now if it was not for this forum . I've made countless friends from all walks of life . i have watched Rabksi at 1.00 am on the morning of the show  and lost money that he would actually make the Sunday in any way  he was so pissed . 

I am asking you to trust Peter and me  and the rest of the team to make this an event which afterwards you will say was fantastic fun, a great weekend . The chance turn up and put a face to the many great characters that inhabit this place . It was actually me that coined the phrase " Its only a bloody stereo "

Duvet 

PS Can i have my glass of red now . Dads rock just doesn't seem good without one 

You will always lose if you bet I can't make it after a session. I'll admit there have been one or two Scalfords when I've had to retire to the garden with a bottle of water on Sunday morning, but I've never missed a breakfast.

Basically, I'm in.

There has been a lot of upset and I will say publically that some things I am not 100% sure about. However, one thing I am sure about is that the current owners want to make it work on the basis of the lunatics' forum it always was. People moan and Peter has reacted and changed some things, then people moan that things have been changed. Really? It's not up to the owners of the forum to make Scalford, and the Wigwam, a success. It's up to us. I probably won't exhibit, at least, not my system, but I hope to cost Danny some money if he bets on me not making the Sunday after the state I fully expect to be in on the Saturday.

Danny. First round is on me!

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, rabski said:

You will always lose if you bet I can't make it after a session. I'll admit there have been one or two Scalfords when I've had to retire to the garden with a bottle of water on Sunday morning, but I've never missed a breakfast.

Basically, I'm in.

There has been a lot of upset and I will say publically that some things I am not 100% sure about. However, one thing I am sure about is that the current owners want to make it work on the basis of the lunatics' forum it always was. People moan and Peter has reacted and changed some things, then people moan that things have been changed. Really? It's not up to the owners of the forum to make Scalford, and the Wigwam, a success. It's up to us. I probably won't exhibit, at least, not my system, but I hope to cost Danny some money if he bets on me not making the Sunday after the state I fully expect to be in on the Saturday.

Danny. First round is on me!

Exactly. The owners in this case are facilitators, they make it happen, but what happens is down to us. We can make it the success it has been in previous years, or we can screw it up. Down to us.

S.

• Upvote 4