Sign in to follow this  
jkbmusic

Bored, uncomfortable, or itchy feet

I must be getting bored,uncomfortable, itchy feet, or summit. While I claim to be very happy with my system, which is as per my profile, I am now thinking is this system getting the best out of the sources, i.e. CD & Vinyl. I doubt I could improve on the Turntable, without spending megabucks, and the Musical Fidelity A3.5 CD playerseems to be doing a good enough job. I am happy with the sound coming from the Speakers, and have no desire to upgrade them for some considerable time.

That only leaves the Musical Fidelity X-LPS v3 MM/MC Phono Stage, which I have had for a couple of months from new.

The E.A.R.LINESTAGE "Deluxe"(834L Chrome),

and the Lyngdorf SDA-2175 Two Channel Power Amplifier

Do I Upgrade, Downgrade, Keep the Same.

Any comment appreciated.;)

Keep the gear and fart around with stands, cables and cheap tweaks like granite slabs and spikes etc...

Guest A.N.

keep as is matey, and spend the money on tunes!

you have a crackin system as is, and i think to get any significant improvement, it'll cost a lot :)

Get a half size black box and get a DIY'er to put a red, green. yellow and blue LED on the front and a switch.

Every week turn the switch to a new position so you get a different colour LED.

Listen to your system in the dark and each week will seem like a different upgrade.

After a few months of this (lets face it we can get used to anything) you may of course try diffferent power cords.

jkbmusic wrote:

I must be getting bored,uncomfortable, itchy feet, or summit. While I claim to be very happy with my system, which is as per my profile, I am now thinking is this system getting the best out of the sources, i.e. CD & Vinyl. I doubt I could improve on the Turntable, without spending megabucks, and the Musical Fidelity A3.5 CD playerseems to be doing a good enough job. I am happy with the sound coming from the Speakers, and have no desire to upgrade them for some considerable time.

That only leaves the Musical Fidelity X-LPS v3 MM/MC Phono Stage, which I have had for a couple of months from new.

The E.A.R.LINESTAGE "Deluxe"(834L Chrome),

and the Lyngdorf SDA-2175 Two Channel Power Amplifier

Do I Upgrade, Downgrade, Keep the Same.

Any comment appreciated.;)

Clearly a cable problem

:minikiev:

Tel wrote:

Get a half size black box and get a DIY'er to put a red, green. yellow and blue LED on the front and a switch.

Every week turn the switch to a new position so you get a different colour LED.

Listen to your system in the dark and each week will seem like a different upgrade.

After a few months of this (lets face it we can get used to anything) you may of course try diffferent power cords.

What a bloody excellent idea Tel!

I'm going to build my collection of different coloured LEDs in a box this weekend - if it works as well as I think it will I may limit hifi spending next year to buying loads of LEDs and periodically replacing all the LEDs in my kit with different colours, it'll feed the tweaking bug, keep me listening to music and cost next to bugger all!

cheers

Dave

p.s. forget the different power cables - that's just plain silly!