Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

JANDL100

Cancer Research UK "Bring & Buy" sale at Scalford 17

10 hours ago, HiFiWigwam said:

Yep, there is the annual Raffle too, so much being done for charity, donations all over the place :)

Wammer's generosity and willingness to put themselves out and work for free on behalf of good causes has never been in doubt.

1 hour ago, crimsondonkey said:

Wammer's generosity and willingness to put themselves out and work for free on behalf of good causes has never been in doubt.

Agreed . Things no matter how well planned as you know now Wayne are sort of going to happen in a blur but hasn't it always been the way here . The main raffle is being populated so rather than drips and drabs we 'd rather just know hopefully most of what we've got before we publish 

On 1/17/2017 at 11:41, crimsondonkey said:

Cool.  Apologies to Jerry for the brief diversion.

Nothing to apologise for, Wayne!

It's all for good causes. :)

Some more charity sales payments have recently cleared through so today I donated a further £205 to Cancer Research UK.
Many thanks to those that made it happen. :^

- £90 for a SBT, a bit tatted up but working OK 
- £90 for a Sunrise headphone amp
- £25 for an Amazon Firestick

DSC_1495_zpsnywsf3qf.jpg

Total donated so far - £1,405 :x

And a little birdie tells me that another generous Wammer may be sending me a box full of goodies to sell on behalf of the cause. Yay. B|

Edited by JANDL100
  • Upvote 1

Yes, well done to all!

AlanB has generously offered a large acoustic panel for sale on behalf of the charity event ...

£85 donated today.

- £50 donation for somewhat embuggered supertweeters donated by Steve yeti2
- £35 cash part of swap deal for 1 of 2 sets of AlanB's Sonority support cones.  P/Xed cables will be up for sale once I receive them.

DSC_1529_zpsdd4fchz1.jpg

Edited by JANDL100

Super Wammer

Jerry

I have an STD 305 turntable I'd like to donate please.

Its in very nice fully functioning condition with a lid in exceptional condition for a turntable of this age.  Nice smooth bearing and motor.  It comes with an SME mount but no arm.

I will transport it with the platter and sub-platter removed so it will need to be refilled with new oil by the new buyer.

I don't want to post it, so the buyer will have to pick up from Scalford - you can sell it now or on the weekend, up to you.  Or it could go in the raffle of course.

This isn't the actual one, but is the same model:

dscn2312.jpg

Edited by sunbeamgls

Admin
2 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

Jerry

I have an STD 305 turntable I'd like to donate please.

Its in very nice fully functioning condition with a lid in exceptional condition for a turntable of this age.  Nice smooth bearing and motor.  It comes with an SME mount but no arm.

I will transport it with the platter and sub-platter removed so it will need to be refilled with new oil by the new buyer.

I don't want to post it, so the buyer will have to pick up from Scalford - you can sell it now or on the weekend, up to you.  Or it could go in the raffle of course.

This isn't the actual one, but is the same model:

dscn2312.jpg

Brilliant and a big thank you.

If you don't mind these kind of prizes would be better suited to the raffle. Rachel will be organising the area for the huge raffle in the Pavilion.

Jerry, is there a list anywhere of what is currently up for grabs or is it listed as you get it?

29 minutes ago, myles said:

Jerry, is there a list anywhere of what is currently up for grabs or is it listed as you get it?

Sadly, I won't be attending the Show this year.

But Peter / Hifiwigwam is keen for the Bring & Buy sale at the show to go ahead.
There will be a permanently manned stall in the main pavilion, iirc.
Folks will be able to drive up and deliver gear early on the day, providing they then go away again and use the Park&Ride!
Collection at end of day is similarly catered for.
Peter has spelled this out in some detail, but I can't find that post at the moment!!

I am, though, still handling "advanced sales" as evidenced in so far selling around £1500 of gear generously donated to me by some wonderful Wammers, and donating the ££££ to the charity. :) 

I would suggest to Peter that he start a thread focussed on the Bring & Buy event at the Show itself, and that will allow folks to provide advanced notice of the kit that is likely to be available on the day. :^

Admin
6 minutes ago, JANDL100 said:

Sadly, I won't be attending the Show this year.

But Peter / Hifiwigwam is keen for the Bring & Buy sale at the show to go ahead.
There will be a permanently manned stall in the main pavilion, iirc.
Folks will be able to drive up and deliver gear early on the day, providing they then go away again and use the Park&Ride!
Collection at end of day is similarly catered for.
Peter has spelled this out in some detail, but I can't find that post at the moment!!

I am, though, still handling "advanced sales" as evidenced in so far selling around £1500 of gear generously donated to me by some wonderful Wammers, and donating the ££££ to the charity. :) 

I would suggest to Peter that he start a thread focussed on the Bring & Buy event at the Show itself, and that will allow folks to provide advanced notice of the kit that is likely to be available on the day. :^

Good idea, consider it done.

Super Wammer
3 hours ago, HiFiWigwam said:

Brilliant and a big thank you.

If you don't mind these kind of prizes would be better suited to the raffle. Rachel will be organising the area for the huge raffle in the Pavilion.

thanks for the suggestion Peter.

Jerry - I'd like you to make a call on Peter's suggestion as its your stall - let me know your preference.

Well, it's Peter's show, and it's not my stall as I won't even be there this year, sadly.
I'm only running the 'charity sales in advance' bit.

In previous years my stance has been that the more valuable items, like your lovely turntable, may be better as raffle prizes as they are less likely to find buyers on the day and will enhance the appeal of the raffle and hopefully lead to more tickets being purchased.
Given that you don't want to post it, it doesn't fit easily in my "advance sales" category unless you can find a local buyer.

iirc, Peter has previously said that items placed on the Bring & Buy stall and designated for charity (rather than personal sale) can be transferred to the raffle prize list if unsold by the time of the raffle.

However, as I see it, it's your call.

Edited by JANDL100

Not at all trying 

31 minutes ago, sunbeamgls said:

thanks for the suggestion Peter.

Jerry - I'd like you to make a call on Peter's suggestion as its your stall - let me know your preference.

As Jerry said it is Peter show and we should now focus on the raffle on the day for charity . That said i cant thank Jerry enough for what he has already done this year . And this is from someone who cant make the show . That as they say is top wamming.  We already have some great stuff but we do have to think of the people attending the show and giving them a great raffle as well . So can i ask either you pm me with stuff you now want to donate to the show . I will be starting a list in the Scalford sub forum .

Thanks Danny