rockmeister

Scalford 2017

Pills...? List's too long.

Anyhow I got confused by the recent changes... I thought ant and his dad had handed over control to some nameless entity who then posted a mission statement about how the wam was to be from now on ('he' was not going to interfere and the mod team were doing the running)...Ant went off to do his record business??? I'm wrong I see so anyway.

Nevermind (and it won't get better as the years pass :) ) sorry and all that.

Delighted to wait till september. Carry on.

On 02/08/2016 at 10:03, Duvet said:

HIFIEX PRESENTS 
THE SCALFORD BAKE OFF 2017

HiFi Wigwam will start the first of its 2017 UK shows and events program, National Roadshow 'Bake Offs', at Scalford in March. Full details of the show, including tickets  will be available via the forum and our new website from 1st September 2016.

From March to September 2017 a series of national 'Bake Offs' will be held in strategic locations around the UK by our members, starting off at the original Scalford Hall venue.

Run by Wammers for Wammers.

During August we would like to hear from current HiFi Wigwam members who would like to be on our Bake Off Events Team for 2017. Please contact the Administrator.

Well, if this announcement means that Scalford as we know it will continue, that's great news. But calling it a bake-off (a phrase which has come to mean something much smaller than the Scalford show, here on the wam) seems to suggest that the plans may be for something on a smaller scale? The announcement of a series of such events points in the same direction, as the amount of work involved in running Scalford is clearly enormous. It's hard therefore to imagine the forum running several events on that scale per year (especially at a point when the continued involvement of many former exhibitors is in question).

So I have to say this announcement raises more questions for me than it answers. Maybe this is a great development, but right now it's impossible to tell. And I think posting this and telling us to wait a month for clarification isn't great. Some explanation of the basic idea sooner would be nice. :)

Edited by irb

I am sorry guys but you are all wrong.

Do you think it is a coincidence that there have been questions on the Wam about our overlord DI and a mystery about the Wam show. That is right they are connected. Yes watch that video again, this time more carefully.

Scalford 17 is changing. Because it no longer works and the great power can no longer increase. There is something wrong with Scalford. It is in a region of the UK where the power is weak. It has to move to be more successful. We need to have more of them spread around the UK. We are strong enough now to no longer need to influence the weak, we can influence the strong.

If you look carefully you will see the striking similarity between the one called James Palmer and his supreme highness Icke. Yes, they are the same person, but not. They are earthly representations of the Lizard overlord. Do not deny it Jampal we know the truth and the more you deny it the more you prove it. You are a foul beast but we have outed you, be gone back to Hades.

And who is the supreme overlord…….yes it is Admin…..the unknown one………

Oppose this move there are dark forces afoot and we will defeat them, question all, doubt what they say, they are all evil……..but beware of the one called James……..he is the devil……We will defeat you dark one.....

(with apologies to the Outcast)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, irb said:

Well, if this announcement means that Scalford as we know it will continue, that's great news. But calling it a bake-off (a phrase which has come to mean something much smaller than the Scalford show, here on the wam) seems to suggest that the plans may be for something on a smaller scale? The announcement of a series of such events points in the same direction, as the amount of work involved in running Scalford is clearly enormous. It's hard therefore to imagine the forum running several events on that scale per year (especially at a point when the continued involvement of many former exhibitors is in question).

So I have to say this announcement raises more questions for me than it answers. Maybe this is a great development, but right now it's impossible to tell. And I think posting this and telling us to wait a month for clarification isn't great. Some explanation of the basic idea sooner would be nice. :)

As me Ma used to say 'Patience is a virtue'

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, irb said:

you know why it's impossible to tell - because the announcement hasnt bloody well been made yet!

christ on a bike, how about everyone waits until the actual announcement is made before jumping to conclusions and asking loads of questions that the actual announcement will more than likely answer.

if you really have so much time on your hands and are struggling to fill in the time until September rolls around, then I suggest you buy a box of kleenex, a tub of vaseline and google 'xhamster'.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, hearingisbelieving said:

you know why it's impossible to tell - because the announcement hasnt bloody well been made yet!

christ on a bike, how about everyone waits until the actual announcement is made before jumping to conclusions and asking loads of questions that the actual announcement will more than likely answer.

if you really have so much time on your hands and are struggling to fill in the time until September rolls around, then I suggest you buy a box of kleenex, a tub of vaseline and google 'xhamster'.

:doh:

1 hour ago, irb said:

Well, if this announcement means that Scalford as we know it will continue, that's great news. But calling it a bake-off (a phrase which has come to mean something much smaller than the Scalford show, here on the wam) seems to suggest that the plans may be for something on a smaller scale? 

From the very beginning Scalford was advertised as the UK's biggest bake off. It is the bake off aspect (real peoples systems) which is the USP that differentiates it from commercial shows.
I fail to see how this can be construed as being smaller. 

• Upvote 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all Bake off's national events?

I've done two now at my place and I'm happy to welcome Wammers from anywhere in the UK if they are prepared to drive to my house.

So doesn't the network of Bake offs already being organised by us count as a series of National events post Scalford? (Just a thought)

I hope there is a Scalford, after visiting it for 2 years I was hoping to exhibit in 2017.

• Upvote 1

Well, I'm perplexed by these replies. Or I was.

Now, however, I think I've finally seen the light. Clearly I've had it all wrong. I just need to relax and trust absolutely in the boundless wisdom of the mysterious ones whose stewardship of the forum has been such an obvious and outstanding success over the last year. And I need to get rid of the preposterous, seditious assumption that this place is in some sense a community whose members' thoughts and opinions are relevant to its future.

I've got it now. Whatever the owner/admin does or says is alright by me. I won't question it, I won't feel concerned about it. The future's bright, and the forum is going from strength to strength. If anything the owner/admin does or says causes me to experience negative thoughts I'll root them out and flagellate until I retrain my mind to become a good, obedient party drone forum member.

Sorted.:^

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, irb said:

Well, I'm perplexed by these replies. Or I was.

Now, however, I think I've finally seen the light. Clearly I've had it all wrong. I just need to relax and trust absolutely in the boundless wisdom of the mysterious ones whose stewardship of the forum has been such an obvious and outstanding success over the last year. And I need to get rid of the preposterous, seditious assumption that this place is in some sense a community whose members' thoughts and opinions are relevant to its future.

I've got it now. Whatever the owner/admin does or says is alright by me. I won't question it, I won't feel concerned about it. The future's bright, and the forum is going from strength to strength. If anything the owner/admin does or says causes me to experience negative thoughts I'll root them out and flagellate until I retrain my mind to become a good, obedient party drone forum member.

Sorted.:^

what's wrong with waiting until September to find out? Do you turn into a pumpkin on the 31st of August? Is your social schedule for March next year so busy that you have to know all the details of next years show right this very instant?

Seriously, give the admin a break and a chance to write the announcment. The less time they spend answering hypothetical questions the more time they have to research and compile the info for their actual announcement.

Altenatively, if you arent happy with the way the place is run, may I suggest sir enquire about the vegetarian option...

I remember Jodie Foster's character, in the film 'Assassin', saying, "I never did worry about the little things."

I know I'm a moderator but first and foremost I am a member of the Wam who was an exhibitor and attendee at Scalford, as well as organising numerous bake offs of my own and attending many others. Unless I am very much mistaken, there is every intention to continue with the Scalford show as it is one of the forum's successes. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, oldius said:

I remember Jodie Foster's character, in the film 'Assassin', saying, "I never did worry about the little things."

I know I'm a moderator but first and foremost I am a member of the Wam who was an exhibitor and attendee at Scalford, as well as organising numerous bake offs of my own and attending many others. Unless I am very much mistaken, there is every intention to continue with the Scalford show as it is one of the forum's successes. 

That was Bridget Fonda

Edited by bandit pilot

You're right Ric, Bridget Fonda. Great film nevertheless.