rockmeister

Scalford 2017

About this time of year, someone starts a thread saying that it's time to plan for the next Scalford show.

Pies are obv the No 1 priority, but who is taking on the work load for next year...is it even going to happen???

I'd really like to know :)

Admin

Is that you volunteering John? ;-)

Super Wammer

I hope so Dean,its a superb weekend

6 hours ago, SCIDB said:

Hi,

Is there going to be a show next year?

SCIDB 

That was my question in the OP really...for the answer to be YES, someone needs to take up the mantle...I'm hoping the Big One will carry on, but with the kerfuffel and all, ?????

Edited by rockmeister

I seem to remember James saying Anthony owns the rights to the show.

yes I asked this question weeks ago but got no answer  

what do we need to do for an answer? Dance naked through coventry?

It's a simple enough question, and with respect to the hundreds involved, who work their butts off each year, and esp those who need to plan ahead...????

I'd like to think there will be a Scalford 17. I'd also like to drag all my stuff down there and exhibit for the weekend.:upgrade:

I also hope there will be a Scalford 17 as this has become one of (if not the) best shows in the UK and I would certainly not want to miss it. As far as I am aware Scalford has made a profit the last few years so I don't really see why it shouldn't continue. I would add that I think it has also made been very well organised (for this visitor anyway) and must take a great deal of work in preparation. What does concern me is how quiet the Wam seems to have become in recent weeks.....

On second thoughts, scrap what I wrote about Scalford being one of the best UK shows - it is THE best :).

100% Analogue

I too hope Scalford 2017 will take place, as it's a great show. However, even if the show makes a profit, it's still  an enormous amount if work, largely done by volunteers, so whether there's the same willingness to work for no pay for what's now a much more commercial organisation is unknown, Furthermore, I wonder if the potential profit is sufficient to cover the risk, and compensate for the amount of work necessary from the show rights owner.  

Doing something for fun is great, but when it's your livelihood, it needs to generate enough profit to be worth the time, effort and risk.

Still, really hope it happens.

S

Super Wammer

It has been the show, that has kept me a member here, more than anything else.

HIFIEX PRESENTS 
THE SCALFORD BAKE OFF 2017

HiFi Wigwam will start the first of its 2017 UK shows and events program, National Roadshow 'Bake Offs', at Scalford in March. Full details of the show, including tickets  will be available via the forum and our new website from 1st September 2016.

From March to September 2017 a series of national 'Bake Offs' will be held in strategic locations around the UK by our members, starting off at the original Scalford Hall venue.

Run by Wammers for Wammers.

During August we would like to hear from current HiFi Wigwam members who would like to be on our Bake Off Events Team for 2017. Please contact the Administrator.

Interesting, I wouldn't have called the Scalford show a 'bake-off' previously - is the format to be altered then? Will one still have to pay for entry and, if so, where does the money go? Are the bake-off 'team' going to be doing it for free - are they to be unpaid workers for a business? All questions raised in the last few posts and all fair points I think. It also seemed to me that numbers were down last year compared to the previous one - do you think there is sufficient interest to support a series of events?

100% Analogue

• Upvote 1