robbie010

Intergrated amp vs pre & power amp

15 minutes ago, mothroth said:

So many smart ar$es on here. This forum can be at once brilliant and soul destroying. 

And so many people on here who take things far too seriously

26 minutes ago, mothroth said:

So many smart ar$es on here. This forum can be at once brilliant and soul destroying. 

One particular smart arse, who is now on ignore with the rest of them. 

Edited by JamPal
  • Upvote 2

Separates are going to be better because of the better quality interconnect cables you can use. .. Everyone knows that. 

And you can build a higher temple too.. Win win! 

But which box to put at the top, closest to God? 

Edited by atomic606

At last... Some proper logic 😆

I don't think I saw an answer to the OP.

Buy the VA and bi- amp your speakers, use one amp for the tweeters and one for the base.

When I bi-amped my speakers I saw a marked improvement.

IMHO

Buy the VA and bi- amp your speakers, use one amp for the tweeters and one for the base.

IMHO

Stutter, sorry

38 minutes ago, H20gna said:

IMHO

IMHO

Stutter, sorry

How can passive bi-amping change anything? Both parts are still seeing the same signal. 

Now, had you said active bi-amping, I'd have wholeheartedly agreed with you.

S.

1 hour ago, SergeAuckland said:

How can passive bi-amping change anything? Both parts are still seeing the same signal. 

Now, had you said active bi-amping, I'd have wholeheartedly agreed with you.

S.

Probably the same way that bits of cable can change sound.

Dont you think your comments are a bit aggressive? I am expressing my observation! You can't question it!

I'm sure you know best tho, having been everywhere and done everything.

27 minutes ago, H20gna said:

Probably the same way that bits of cable can change sound.

Dont you think your comments are a bit aggressive? I am expressing my observation! You can't question it!

I'm sure you know best tho, having been everywhere and done everything.

If you think that's aggressive, I apologise, as I never mean to be aggressive. However, I can question your observation, as it's wrong! You may think you heard a difference, you may honestly believe you heard a difference, but you didn't, as there's no difference to be heard. 

Just look up Superposition Principle for why.

I've not been everywhere or done everything, but I do understand the Superposition Principle.
S

Passive bi-amping is totally pointless, As long as the single amp can support the load nothing is gained from adding extra amplifiers, you do not get any advantage.

The only people who benefit from passive bi-amping are the people who sell you the extra amps and the extra cable you need to connect them.

It is quite astonishing how many times this comes up on the forum, it seems that people are far more ready to accept urban myth and false advertising than they are to investigate the facts.

1 hour ago, SergeAuckland said:

If you think that's aggressive, I apologise, as I never mean to be aggressive. However, I can question your observation, as it's wrong! You may think you heard a difference, you may honestly believe you heard a difference, but you didn't, as there's no difference to be heard. 

Just look up Superposition Principle for why.

I've not been everywhere or done everything, but I do understand the Superposition Principle.
S

Look up Hanlon's razor, I didn't mention passive bi-amping, you made that assumption.

Obviously you meant the Superposition Theory, not Pronciple. This outlines the mechanical theories not audible!

Edited by H20gna

On 7/28/2016 at 10:06, Simon_LDT said:

If we're strictly talking about multi-channel then for me it would be better to have a processor and separate power amp. That way if/when new formats emerge, you only need to change the processor (if you want to use those formats) and can always use the power amp no matter what.

As this is the multi-channel forum the correct answer was given some three months ago.

As you were.

:)