eddie-baby

ProAc speakers, anyone share the love? Your experiences and matching equipment.

Just now, Colinjg said:

And still going strong. 

One of the finest speakers ever made!

The legendary 1SC! Hopefully the Tab 10's will reach the proximate plateau. Yeah, the Tab 10's have been with me since December, and it's still loosening up.

What are your thoughts on cabling? Anybody do diagonal wiring? Biwiring? I feel like the Tab 10's are quite sensitive to changes upstream.

Edited by newworld

Great speakers them SC1.

18 hours ago, newworld said:

The legendary 1SC! Hopefully the Tab 10's will reach the proximate plateau. Yeah, the Tab 10's have been with me since December, and it's still loosening up.

What are your thoughts on cabling? Anybody do diagonal wiring? Biwiring? I feel like the Tab 10's are quite sensitive to changes upstream.

My 1SCs  are very sensitive to changes upstream. I did find them a bit bright at first. Two things helped me with mine, firstly adding a separate power amp to add to my integrated so I could set it up as a Pre/power or biamping.  Biamping seemed to work best. Then I bought a second power amp so that the integrated was acting as a Pre only. They seem to respond to more power as most small monitors do. The 5 inch driver  is being asked to shift quite a bit of air to get decent bass performance, which it does.  Then about 10 yrs ago I sold the integrated which was acting as a Pre and swapped it with a basic Valve preamp.  This introduced a much bigger soundstage and a more 3 dimensional  and natural sound.  ( to my ears).   I then played with a few different valves until I got the best tonal balance.  I find thick copper interconnects work best for me. I have a solid silver one I sometimes play with but it is brighter leaner and a bit more HiFi but not as nice to listen to IMHO.

Hope this helps.

10 hours ago, Colinjg said:

My 1SCs  are very sensitive to changes upstream. I did find them a bit bright at first. Two things helped me with mine, firstly adding a separate power amp to add to my integrated so I could set it up as a Pre/power or biamping.  Biamping seemed to work best. Then I bought a second power amp so that the integrated was acting as a Pre only. They seem to respond to more power as most small monitors do. The 5 inch driver  is being asked to shift quite a bit of air to get decent bass performance, which it does.  Then about 10 yrs ago I sold the integrated which was acting as a Pre and swapped it with a basic Valve preamp.  This introduced a much bigger soundstage and a more 3 dimensional  and natural sound.  ( to my ears).   I then played with a few different valves until I got the best tonal balance.  I find thick copper interconnects work best for me. I have a solid silver one I sometimes play with but it is brighter leaner and a bit more HiFi but not as nice to listen to IMHO.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. It sounds like you put some TLC into your gear. I don't think I will get into biamping or separates just yet, as the whole point of my downsizing was to keep it simple. Even my amplifier seems to like smaller gauge power cord. You never know what works!

• Like 1