Knipester

Shahinian owners club

My Compasses were very good but I'm pleased I upgraded to Arcs for a more weighty sound. I have a 600w sub set very low to supplement them.
I had a full Naim setup but now have Teddy Pardo throughout Inc 100w monoblocks.
No plans to change anything, ever.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Guzziboy said:

I've got Larcs, so can't help with a demo, but if you do hear some Compasses and like them, Andrew at The Audio Republic in Leeds had a demo pair at a good price earlier in the year. I don't know whether they've gone yet, but if not, they'd be a good buy. 

I think I might give him a call and have a chat to him :^

7 hours ago, muggo said:

My Compasses were very good but I'm pleased I upgraded to Arcs for a more weighty sound. I have a 600w sub set very low to supplement them.
I had a full Naim setup but now have Teddy Pardo throughout Inc 100w monoblocks.
No plans to change anything, ever.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hmm, I am liking the idea of Arc's maybe as a first as last choice. Wish I could hear both. Obviously the Arcs will sound fuller. As for subs, Ive got plenty here to play with.

Naim to TP hey. Ive heard TP gear plenty of times it doesn't really do it for me, I even tried one of their power supplies here at home for a while, it might claim to be technically better and way cheaper than naim offerings but I just preferred my naim equipment without it.

The Pear Audio website will direct you to all the Shahinian dealers, and enable you to find who has what in stock. That's how I found my Larcs.

Hello to all Shahinian owners ! I am a brand new Wammer so I thought I'd head over to this section first . I have owned Shahinian Arcs since 1994, in that time I have changed every bit of my equipment apart from them.  I was introduced to Shahinian when a friend bought a pair that year, once I heard them I knew I had to have a pair ! A look through the hi-fi press (no internet back then) revealed a used pair at a dealers in Oxford. I was so pleased to get a pair so soon after initially hearing them, twenty five years later I am still a happy owner. They've been powered by a host of amplifiers, a Naim 250, then a Dynavector H75, a Leema integrated, then Bel Canto mono blocks before the daddy of them all, the Tom Evans Linear A ! The Linear A really made them sing ! However, after 25 years I have decided that it's time for a change, I know I will miss my Arcs but I've heard something that sounds even better.... I can't say more at this time as I have not sold the Arcs yet, they are spoken for but the potential owner still has to see them! The replacements will only arrive once the deal is complete. If for any reason the buyer changes his mind I will be happy to keep the Arcs for a while longer, that's how much I like my Arcs !

Sha 1 0123.JPG

3 hours ago, westerwick said:

If for any reason the buyer changes his mind

I've no intention of changing my mind Tom. It's just a matter of logistics now and doing the physical deal. I'm looking forward to meeting you and having them. I'll be in touch nearer to the date we've arranged to exchange :^

Posted (edited)

And please excuse me. My first words should have been Hi Tom, and welcome to the Wam :)

Edited by eddie-baby

Here's an eBay (US) listing of a pair of Shahinian Arc 2s - some good clear pictures - that show big differences from the components I have in my original Arcs.  I knew the passive radiators had greatly changed but looks like each component speaker looks (and probably sounds) significantly different than the originals.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123867714484?ul_noapp=true

BTW, he says he'll ship both to US and international destinations.

Bob C

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BClarkeVA said:

BTW, he says he'll ship both to US and international destinations.

Thanks Bob. They look great, Im good with the UK variants though, I got some lined up and the deals done with Westerwick and looking forward to getting those. Maybe I can possibly sort out a UK bake for some of the guys over the pond here as well at some point, I hope, if life doesnt get too in the way.