PhilofCas

Spendor Owners Club

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:13, Fantasque said:

Had a quick look on a well known auction site, there are a few Rogers Ls6 for sale but they are all black, did they do any wood finishes?

Hi Robin,

Here is a pic of the early LS6 in teak veneer which are the ones to search for.

While obviously not in the same league as the Graham LS5/9, they have a lovely balance and are unfatiguing without straying into dark and woolly.  They work well in smaller and medium sized rooms.  Their main weakness common to many BBC designs is that they can be a bit slow so not one for the pace and rhythm crowd.

Graham.

58efad7d54d37_PioneerRogersGrillesOn.thumb.JPG.ca9103d1d6d03a4876a9b589bab9a2b2.JPG58efbe5134255_PioneerRogersGrillesOff.thumb.JPG.e0c464833d1259632bcca345617629e9.JPG

So, my Mrs recently moved one of my speakers, god bless her, the right hand speaker usually resides fairly close to a walkway and she moved it out of the way for safety, anyway, I’ve now repositioned it and in the process I’ve changed their tow-in, they now point/cross over before my listening positioning. Well, hard to believe the effect this has had, bass is more present and focused, sound is smoother, it’s like I’ve turned the bass up and treble down, it’s the best they’ve been sounding, just really really liking what their doing, great speakers. When buying these I’d read a review and the reviewer remarked they’re all the speaker most people would ever need, do you know, he wasn’t far off 👍

(S3/5R2)

Edited by PhilofCas

14 minutes ago, PhilofCas said:

So, my Mrs recently moved one of my speakers, god bless here, the right hand speaker usually resides fairly close to a walkway and she moved it out of the way for safety, anyway, I’ve now repositioned it and in the process I’ve changed their tow-in, they now point/cross over before my listening positioning. Well, hard to believe the effect this has had, bass is more present and focused, sound is smoother, it’s like I’ve turned the bass up and treble down, it’s the best they’ve been sounding, just really really liking what their doing, great speakers. When buying these I’d read a review and the reviewer remarked they’re all the speaker most people would ever need, do you know, he wasn’t far off 👍

(S3/5R2)

Blessed are those with a Mrs!

According to Hugh Britten, stereo loudspeakers should be positioned such that their axes cross in front of the listener.  This provides for the widest stereo image, and also keeps the loudspeakers further away from side walls.

All good stuff.

S.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SergeAuckland said:

Blessed are those with a Mrs!

According to Hugh Britten, stereo loudspeakers should be positioned such that their axes cross in front of the listener.  This provides for the widest stereo image, and also keeps the loudspeakers further away from side walls.

All good stuff.

S.

Yes, sounds from outside the speakers have increased and central images are now more tactile.

Hello from Spain ... here an owner of a BC3 with a restoration / modification

4ffc91ab7a0ddaf5193e2680a266c34eo.jpg

Edited by alpina

I have owned a pair of Spendor ST carbon's from 2013 and am really enjoying the Music played through them since I purchased a Class A Musical Fidelity amp in 2016. Matching an amp's characteristic to that of the speaker makes such a difference IMO.

Does any user have the Spendor SA3 model to tell us some experience?

f3db8b90839a70d67a62b74ac2c8594d.jpg

Edited by alpina

Super Wammer

I think my TARDIS translation circuit has switched off.

40 minutes ago, bigfool1956 said:

I think my TARDIS translation circuit has switched off.

Mine works, bizzarely I read this on my Android phone and it was translated into English as "Hello Some Spendor SA3 passive user or can you tell us something" which is all the more strange considering the original had no mention of Spendor.

Who needs Babel fish?

sorry for the error ... internet automatically translates the page ... I think the problem is fixed.

On 24/05/2016 at 22:22, JTW said:

I am fortunate to have owned a pair of D7s for about a year now, I still think they are absolutely fantastic.

They are