Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

dinkydave

Who owns the old HiFi equipment?

Sure I am not going to stay the winner for long, but can any one beat these:-

Speakers - Harbeth LS5/12A - 1995 - 21 years old

TT - Linn Sonodek LP12 - 1987 - 29 years old

Not going to bother listing the rest of my system as they are all <10 years old.

All my stuff is old, bar the home cinema gear.

124's 1967

401 1965

301 1956

The new to me Sony 6750 is a youngster @ 1978 !

Lentek integrated 1979

B&w801/80 1979

I think they're my oldest pieces now.

Rogers Stereo Cadet III Valve amp 1968 - still sounds better than all my other amps but stays in a box most of the time as it needs a service.

Leak Stereo 70 from about the same time, powers my kitchen system.

Impulse H6 1991

Marantz CD94 1990

AI 500 1992

Milltek Olympia about 1992

Rogers Stereo Cadet III Valve amp 1968 - still sounds better than all my other amps but stays in a box most of the time as it needs a service.

Leak Stereo 70 from about the same time, powers my kitchen system.

I think I've got a Leak Stereo 70 here. It came along side the Troughline which a friend so generously gave me. I didn't think the Stereo 70 was up to much. PLEASE don't think I'm being rude about your kitchen amp. Should I dust mine off, replace caps, use it etc??

Thanks,

FF.

Super Wammer

Pioneer PL12D 1974 TT

Trio KA 2000 Amp 1973

KEF Reference 104 speakers 1974

B + W DM70's....eyes left....made in 1970 and restored 6 years ago. Sound pretty amazing still

John

I think I've got a Leak Stereo 70 here. It came along side the Troughline which a friend so generously gave me. I didn't think the Stereo 70 was up to much. PLEASE don't think I'm being rude about your kitchen amp. Should I dust mine off, replace caps, use it etc??

Thanks,

FF.

I wouldn't say it sounds amazing, it's a pretty thin sound but the reason I'm using it is that I can listen to it all day without getting tired with it, it is very easy on the ears. In my kitchen I'm mostly just listening to new music to decide whether to buy it and play it on the proper system in the lounge. I tried using a Creek for a while but it's more tiring. It also runs extremely cold so I'm assuming it's pretty efficient to leave on all day in a cupboard. It has useful things like 2 pairs of speaker connections and bass and treble controls too, bonus :)

As for replacing things I don't think I'd bother, I got mine 25 years ago and part of the appeal is that I think it's all original, I certainly have never replaced anything, it just works.

My two main turntables are from 1985/6. My Connoisseur BD1 is from the late 1960s.

My main loudspeakers are from 1983.

I have a Yamaha CR1000 from about 1974.

I also have some JR149s from about 1978.

They're driven by a Leak Delta 30 amp from about 1970.

The oldest piece of kit I have at the moment is a Ferrograph Series 6 Reel - reel recorder from about 1965 that I must get round to restoring.

Oh, and I have a wind-up acoustic gramophone from about 1925 which still works and K have a load of needles for it in loud and soft rating.

S

QUAD 405, 33, FM3 - 1979 - Human age - Holding on to "middle aged"

Snell E - 1981-1984 - Human age - Maturing nicely into their prime

Nad 314 / MS25i 1996 - Human age - in their 30's. Slowly realising mediocrity.

Audiolab 8000s - Human age - off the rails teenager.

IQAudio PI-Dac+ - Human age - talented but inexperienced toddler. Wees on the front room carpet.

Super Wammer

The B139 racetrack drivers in my bass transmission lines are c 1970 while the type 25 valves in my pre are mid 1920's

Rotel RA-1412 amp - ~1977

Philips Black Tulip pre-amp - 1970-something.

Marantz 4230 receiver & 5020 cassette deck - 1974

All sound good.