JamPal

Who are the new owners?

My guess is it's the Melton Mowbery Pie Makers Association.

Shit, Doug, who's let the cat out the bag?

I suspect they thought we'd all bend over backwards to buy overpriced easy listening and prog LPs.

So was their sample size for market research.and sales projection Terry?

I'm not sure they were smart enough to do any research whatsoever!

I hope the new owners are known faces who understand this place or we could end up with even worse. If the latter this place will go the way of Zerogain.

I'm not sure they were smart enough to do any research whatsoever!

If they were doing their due diligence over the weekend I would guess the reason for the delayed announcement is that they are still legging it....

Unless the new owner is someone who knows the Wam pretty well why would they have insisted that all banned people be unbanned. :?

I just phoned Ladbrokes to see if they had a market on 'next Hifiwigwam manager' and they said they didn't but based on the normal way these things work Jose Mourinho would be the odds on favourite for the position and Harry Redknapp is 100/1.:^

Niko Kranjcar as head moderator?

I really must learn football.

Unless the new owner is someone who knows the Wam pretty well why would they have insisted that all banned people be unbanned.

Perhaps the moderators took the view that there was the opportunity to reinstate a bunch of people before the changeover happened and so reinstated all those they were able to. The fact that Sodders is still banned and deleted under his business ID suggests that he was singled out for special treatment. :zip:

You've really got to admire the former owners, they really did such a lot in such a short time....:whistle:

- - - Updated - - -

Did THEY insist the bans were rescinded though?

I very much doubt it, but I am guessing

I did wonder if it might be a return deal to JamPal but clearly not.

No corporate buyer would buy the forum and "[express] their wishes to run the forum exactly how it was intended at the beginning." That wouldn't make them any money. What's in it for them?

Super Wammer

one thing is certain in life ....change and we all prefer the previous version etc

if the new 'owners' receive the same welcome etc as the immediate past owners from certain sections here we could be embracing changes upon changes etc

whoever it it is we should support them etc otherwise this forum is doomed and that would be a change I wouldn't want to consider

one thing is certain in life ....change and we all prefer the previous version etc

if the new 'owners' receive the same welcome etc as the immediate past owners from certain sections here we could be embracing changes upon changes etc

whoever it it is we should support them etc otherwise this forum is doomed and that would be a change I wouldn't want to consider

Not sure quite what you mean by this?

I don't recall seeing anyone here being less than civil or supportive at the start of the current tenure.

Of course this has since changed and no bloody wonder quite frankly!!!!

• Upvote 1

Did THEY insist the bans were rescinded though?

No, it was the moderators undoing the damage.